Windows 10: Netbios problems after 1809 update

Discus and support Netbios problems after 1809 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating to 1809, my main PC was no longer seen by other computers in my LAN. After numerous tweaks to settings, services and registry, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimBee, Oct 20, 2018.

1. SimBee Win User

Netbios problems after 1809 update

After updating to 1809, my main PC was no longer seen by other computers in my LAN. After numerous tweaks to settings, services and registry, it appeared that nothing would get Netbios over Tcpip working.

Because it was more than 10 days since updating, I no longer had the option of rolling back. Fortunately I had a pre-update restore point to go back to and as soon as I was back on 1803, the PC was visible again.

Have others had this problem with 1809? Is there a solution? Obviously I will not be re-updating to 1809 until the file deletion issues - and this Netbios one - are solved.

:)

SimBee, Oct 20, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    1809 Update Queries

For those who updated please advise:
    1. Does the Classic Shell v4.3.1 still work as some have suggested? If not what version of Open Shell is most suitable?
    2. Does the update create another recovery partition?
    3. Can anyone running MS Money confirm it still works in this update?

Steve C, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Netbios problems after 1809 update

Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809) Update Stuck at 42%

Windows 10 1809 is just a day old. My suggestion is to hold on till the first cumulative updates arrive.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Netbios problems after 1809 update

1. Netbios problems after 1809 update - Similar Threads - Netbios problems 1809

2. Netbios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netbios: I've seen lots of problems with Windows 10 and Netbios. I am unable to netbios from a win 10 machine to any other. Works fine from a Windows 7 machine. I've tried every single change I could find for the registry, firewall, hosts, lmhosts, you name it and I've tried it. Still...
  3. battery problem after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery problem after 1809 update: after windows10 1809 update the battery is running out very fast in my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-problem-after-1809-update/f09ece8a-c613-41db-bb7a-4b7fe2c60c82
  4. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  5. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  6. Realtek audio problem after updating to 1809 update....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio problem after updating to 1809 update....: hi, i recently updated my pc to 1809 update through update assistant. and discovered that an audio problem randomly comes. this issue is about sound popping out of the speakers. This happened with me before update also so i think it may not be related to this update. this...
  7. Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.: Good morning folks, Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?. In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small...
  8. RDP Problems After 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Problems After 1809 update: HI I have updated to 1809 and after the update, I cannot connect to my work pc through RDP but on 1803 all is working fine I am using fortyclient VPN to my office. Need your assistance. Thank you...
  9. Task Manager problem after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager problem after 1809 update: While I have no problem losing files (as some have had) after updating with 1809, the Task Manager shows the left hand arrow for expanding an item flashes on and off for different items some losing the arrow while others show it alternately. An item can only be expanded while...
  10. Problem after updating PC with 1809

Problem after updating PC with 1809: Last week 5 of our PC's updated with 1809. 3 Pc's had no problems. 1 PC had problems trying to update but this was overcome eventually by ensuring the PC did not go into sleep mode during the update process. The fifth PC which is used for photography and uses Photoshop CS5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to recover from a restart during a NetBios update?

2. is netbios still on windows 1809

3. winows 10 1809 - how to change netbios name

4. how do i change the netbios name in windows 10 1809,
  5. windows phone netbios,
  6. netbios on windows 10 1809,
  7. netbios windows 10 1809,
  8. after windows update 1809 netbios name issue,
  9. windows 10 1809 netbios problem,
  10. windows phone maps not working after update 1809