Windows 10: Netbook display overfills screen

Discus and support Netbook display overfills screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, noted these: How to enable low res screen resolution: Metro Apps in screen 1024x600 (Windows 10 Technical Preview). Why do not enable it? -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajable2009, Feb 11, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Netbook display overfills screen

Hi, noted these:
    How to enable low res screen resolution:
    Metro Apps in screen 1024x600 (Windows 10 Technical Preview). Why do not enable it? - YouTube
    - see if it helps

Maybe:
    How to Enable a higher screen resolution (1024x768) on a Netbook - YouTube

Background:

Acer Aspire One AOD255, Windows 10 - Screen Resolution Issue - Microsoft Community

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-73ccf76fcc13

also these older articles
    Windows 10 adds support for 1024 x 600 pixel displays - Liliputing

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...d-a26866cdef43

Suggests you may well have problems.. but does seem it should at least show the desktop on a very quick scan thru those.

Why do you want Win 10 on your netbook? If you're within the 30 days of installing, you can roll back.

dalchina, Feb 15, 2016

2. I was hoping upgrading to Windows 10 might've offered other options for fixing my problem. It's been too long and I can't go back to Windows 7. Windows 10 as a whole has been working more efficiently on my netbook. I'm just having display problems. I will try your suggestions and get back to you.

ajable2009, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Didn't help at all. I have already tried those solutions in Windows 7 and 10. Note: this is a problem I've had since Windows 7. The computer seems to think that it is displaying on a 1024x768 screen when in reality it is showing on a 1024x600 screen.

ajable2009, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Netbook display overfills screen

1. Netbook display overfills screen - Similar Threads - Netbook display overfills

2. Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable: Today after cold start of my PC Win 10 pro 64bit 16B RAM MS News filled my screen:Here is to be seen that the "Overhead" is blocking half of the screen. And here the same. It´s unusable !!...
  3. Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable: Today after cold start of my PC Win 10 pro 64bit 16B RAM MS News filled my screen:Here is to be seen that the "Overhead" is blocking half of the screen. And here the same. It´s unusable !!...
  4. Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Toshiba netbook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba netbook: Hi. I haven't used my Toshiba laptop for a few years. I need a Microsoft account to log into it however it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. I have changed it three times and I'm still unable to log in...
  6. S Mode on a Netbook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S Mode on a Netbook?: I have a Samsung N150 Plus netbook with linux mint 19.3 and i want to install 10 S to watch youtube, browse web, do school work and play solitare. Specs: Intel Atom N450 1.67GHZ 2GB RAM 256GB 860 EVO Crappy Motherboard 720P or 480P 1024x600 Display That or 8.1 Pro....
  7. Improve performance on netbook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve performance on netbook: I have Windows 10 insider 14385 64-bit on a 6 year old netbook with Atom N455 and want to know if there is more room for improving performance. Currently it performs quite good, battery is good too, even faster than Win 7 in some circumstances, but there is some lag opening...
  8. 10 on a Netbook? SUCCESS!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 on a Netbook? SUCCESS!: Have you got a crappy old netbook that you can't even give away? Install Windows 10 and give it some love! What you'll need: A cold room. A powerful desk fan. PATIENCE! My Acer netbook has 1GB of DDR2 memory. A 32 bit Intel Atom processor running at a blazing 1.60...
  9. Upgrading a netbook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading a netbook: Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours. Should I just cancel and restart the process? 30848
  10. Netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    Netbook: Upgraded my Samsung n145plus netbook to w10. Finally metro apps work at full screen at 1024x600 without shoody resolution hacks [img] The start menu is a bit rough, and the new search feature takes a time to start. The cortana thingy doesn't work on my region. The new...