Windows 10: Netbook external monitor resolution issues

Discus and support Netbook external monitor resolution issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am having issues with external monitor resolution in my netbook with Windows 10 Monitor: HP Pavilion 22cw, (my current desktop monitor) using VGA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by derek10, Jul 11, 2016.

1. derek10 Win User

Netbook external monitor resolution issues

I am having issues with external monitor resolution in my netbook with Windows 10

Monitor: HP Pavilion 22cw, (my current desktop monitor) using VGA

If I select "Extend desktop" then the monitor is set to 1920x1080 just fine and the netbook's screen shows fine.
    But if I select it to output just to the external monitor, then the resolution menu is greyed out and the resolution is stuck at 800x600. Obviously, the netbook screen turns off.

AFAIK with Win 7 I hadn't any issues.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

:)

derek10, Jul 11, 2016

2. Fuzzy fonts and large icons on external monitor - Is scaling the issue?

Yes, shortly after posting I realized my solution fixed the external monitor and got rid of the huge font and boxes, but made the fonts and boxes small in my main monitor.

The problem for me is that I have a Surface Pro 4 (4k resolution) with an external monitor that's only 1080p. Since 4k is four times the resolution of 1080p then scaling is always off.

I fixed the issue by buying a 4k external monitor that I'll use for gaming and at the same time fix this issue. (they are spendy though). If both monitors have the same resolution the scaling will work.

MartinParrao, Jul 11, 2016
  3. pmlogg Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Resolution for Netbooks

Thanks for your reply

1. The Netbook is a Lenovo S10-2

2. The normal resolution is 1024x600 but under Windows XP it can be driven at 1024x768 with part of the application window only accessible by vertical scrolling up or down, but not distorted in either dimension. Not sure if the built-in screen can be driven
    at resolutions greater than that. It can certainly drive greater resolutions when attached to an external monitor.

3. No, I'm not talking about a desktop image, I'm referring to use within applications which have a minimum resolution of 1024x768.

Thanks

pmlogg, Jul 11, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Intel Graphics ? try making a 1920x1080 Profile for the second monitor and use Intel options to switch not the Win10 built in App instead , think that's what I did for my old EeePC

Kbird, Jul 11, 2016
  5. derek10 Win User
    Thanks. Yes it's an Intel GMA 3150. I will install the Intel software and check it out

derek10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Netbook external monitor resolution issues - Similar Threads - Netbook external monitor

2. External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver: Greetings.I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. LG Monitor is connected trough a USB-C dock station to laptop. This dock has HDMI to HDMI. A third monitor tv monitor is connected trough HDMI port on laptop.Everytime laptop came from a "suspend" mode. LG Monitor...
  3. External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver: Greetings.I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. LG Monitor is connected trough a USB-C dock station to laptop. This dock has HDMI to HDMI. A third monitor tv monitor is connected trough HDMI port on laptop.Everytime laptop came from a "suspend" mode. LG Monitor...
  4. External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor having resolution Issues: Hey there, I have a just bought a new Laptop and It has Windows 10 Preinstalled in it More details provided below. Now, I am using an External Display My old PC's Monitor which has maximum Resolution capacity - 1366 x 768 Model details given below so now if I connect my...
  6. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor having resolution Issues: Hey there, I have a just bought a new Laptop and It has Windows 10 Preinstalled in it More details provided below. Now, I am using an External Display My old PC's Monitor which has maximum Resolution capacity - 1366 x 768 Model details given below so now if I connect my...
  7. External Monitor having resolution Issues

8. External Monitor Resolution is abnormal

External Monitor Resolution is abnormal: When I switch two monitors, resolution is abnormal... 1. Connect first monitor(Dell U3818DW) via HDMI cable 2. Unplug HDMI cable 3. Connect second monitor(Dell S2817Q) via HDMI cable 4. Screen resolution did not auto change to "recommend resolution"...
  9. External Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor Resolution: Last update, my laptop came back with the resolution of the external monitor set back to 1024x768, with its normal 1280x1024 not available to select. How do I get that resolution back?...
  10. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...