Windows 10: Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of

Discus and support Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This week, Microsoft claimed that 4K (UHD) content from Netflix was now available exclusively for Windows 10 PCs. It’s not true. On any level. It’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of

Read more: Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 ... Sort Of - Thurrott.com

:)

Brink, Nov 21, 2016
  2. Katan13 Win User

Netflix Error code: U7361-1254-C00DB3B2

After having downloaded the fall creators update my pc was having all sorts of errors. I eventually did a full format of my drives, and reinstalled windows 10 fresh. Since then my pc has been behaving itself.....apart from I am
    now getting the same error as above when trying to watch 4k Netflix. That's any 4k stuff, hdr etc but 1080p seems fine??

I think this is probably one of the worst updates in recent memory. For me at least anyway.

Katan13, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Netflix Error code: U7361-1254-C00DB3B2

Hello, i get this error code when i try to stream Netflix (From edge and windows 10 app) since yesterday. There are not any new updates on my system and i use my 4k tv as a monitor. It worked well for more than a year

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10

Yannis Katsaros, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2
    Personally, I think Thurrott is a sarcastic, self centered tool as a solo Windows blogger, who sadly always tries to push his ebook whenever he can, but when he's right, he's right.

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2016
  5. I don't see how Netflix 4K/UHD would require a 7th generation Core i7 CPU (making even a Core i7 5960X obsolete).
    Not even the X-box One has a CPU like that (and it still supposedly supports Netflix 4K/UHD).

Surely that part of the rumored system requirement has got to be fake?

SuperConker, Nov 22, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    Maybe the info came from a Macedonian teenager's blog!!

7. Cliff S New Member
    Sorry, but it came straight from Microsoft. If you click the first link in Thurrott's post, the word "claimed", at the bottom of the Windows 10 Blog it states:

Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of [​IMG]

Cliff S, Nov 22, 2016
  8. Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of

Just found out that if you have one of the following nVidia GPU's (all of which supports HDCP 2.2):

GeForce GTX 960
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    GeForce GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    Or any of the newer 1000-series GPU's

(not really sure about AMD cards)

Then you should be able to watch Netflix in 4K/UHD (even if you don't have a 7th Generation Core i7 CPU).
    As long as you have a HDCP 2.2 capable GPU then you won't need a 7th Generation Core i7 CPU (and vice versa).

So basically what you need for Netflix 4K/UHD is a computer (and monitor) that supports HDCP 2.2 in one way or another.

SuperConker, Nov 22, 2016
  9. linw Win User
    Sorry, Cliff, I was lightheartedly referring to SuperConker's sentence, "Surely that part (needing 7th gen I7) of the rumored system requirement has got to be fake?".

10. Cliff S New Member
    *Doh

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Netflix 4K Video Comes to Windows 10 … Sort Of - Similar Threads - Netflix Video Comes

2. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  3. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  4. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to stream Netflix in 4K: I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App -...
  5. Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rupal_hs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldsl49/netflix_4k_works_on_chromium_edge/
  6. Netflix 4k Broken after Hevc Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix 4k Broken after Hevc Update: The latest update to Hevc has broken 4k on Netflix I have no idea where I can report this I uninstalled it to verify and Netflix works but only in HD I then had to pay to get it back on my PC and there is a definite problem with it It was working fine yesterday...
  7. Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K: Hello all, I just bought a new laptop and downloaded the netflix app but I can't get 4k playback, just HD. I've listed the steps below I've taken to trouble shoot and my configuration too. Configuration/Troubleshooting: Razer Blade Advanced 15 with Windows 10 all...
  8. 4k Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4k Video: Hello. I am a vlogger. I connected my USB Charger to my iPhone and it doesn't let me import my 4k videos or view them. I need to know what to do because I need to get my video posted asap!...
  9. 4k Video Editing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    4k Video Editing: For doing 4k video editing, what version of Windows should I use and what kind of hardware shoud I be looking for, such ram, processor, etc? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4k-video-editing/33e7d384-ad52-4aa4-869c-e4d701b04407"
  10. video lag on 4k

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video lag on 4k: can some one help me with this problem so i want to play a 4k video on my computer but is lagging and when i play a hd video it works fine this problem start wen i update my computer because it used to work fine with 4k videos please someone help me with this problem...