Windows 10: Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC

Discus and support Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (If you watch the video be careful with the sound, there's a loud thump when i set my phone down). I have a very very annoying problem with these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/easymeatloaf, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC

(If you watch the video be careful with the sound, there's a loud thump when i set my phone down). I have a very very annoying problem with these websites. Anytime I pull up Netflix or Hulu, my system stutters hard for a second, then my monitor turns black. This has never happened with YouTube, Amazon prime video, or any games or other websites for that matter. The sound continues to play on the Netflix preview, and sometimes when I ctrl+alt+del the menu comes up. I usually run task manager and it allows me to close the website Also, I have Linux on another drive on my computer, and both Netflix and Hulu work flawlessly on that, which is what makes me think it is windows 10. I don't usually post on reddit, but I've tried everything I've seen to do so far, and nothing as helped.

Things I've tried:

- Uninstalling and Reinstalling Nvidia Drivers (I have an evga super black gaming 2070s)

- Turning off Hardware Acceleration

- Using the Netflix App instead

- clearing chrome cache

- using Edge and Firefox

- Reinstalling Silverlight

- Updating Windows

If this has happened to you've and you've fixed it please help this is just so frustrating, and i really don't want to have to reset windows and redownload all of my programs.

submitted by /u/easymeatloaf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/easymeatloaf, Oct 23, 2020

2. Hulu/Netflix failures

Neither Netflix nor Hulu work, Hulu is saying I need an updated graphics driver or just plain won't work.

HULU error message: We're sorry, there was an issue playing the video you selected. (PB4-system.exeception: 3100 an error has occurred.)

This happens on every video I choose. In their details of the error they say to update the phone (already do this regularly) or install an up to date graphics driver. Graphics driver? Where do I get that?

Netflix error message: Netflix streaming error Error Code: P8106-5052. This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title.

This happens on every video, including the ones that they created just for streaming like House of Cards.

I'm pretty frustrated with the limited support that I'm getting on this issue.

StevenCason, Oct 23, 2020
  3. BSOD & hard crashes playing Steam games and/or using Netflix/Hulu apps

Hello!

My Dell XPS L502X laptop is constantly having hard crashes, watchdog BSODs, and extremely high disk (and sometimes memory) usage. This normally occurs while using the Netflix/Hulu apps or running games in Steam, both separately or simultaneously. I can generally get almost an entire day of Netflix/Hulu, and sometimes am able to play a game for awhile before the crashing occurs.

For reference, here are a list of the errors I have encountered:

• BSOD "video_scheduler_internal_error"
    • BSOD "Clock_Watchdog_Timeout"
    • NVIDIA OpenGL "Unable to recover from a kernal exception. Error code 3 (subcode 2)
    • Display driver stopped responding and has recovered "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version (XXX.XX)** stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    • stuttering, checkered pattern (only on secondary monitor) locking up entire system

**I used several different drivers
    Games absolutely crash 9/10 times more than Netflix/Hulu or even YouTube (which I don't think has ever caused a crash.....goodguyyoutube.jpg). Most games don't even make it past 5 minutes.

The levels of usage observed in Task Manager as follows:

Memory: 30%-49%
    Disk: 70%-100%
    [This primarily occurs when launching pretty much any application or performing a task]
    Things I have done to problem solve:

• 3-5 clean installs of Windows 10 64bit Home Edition
    • DDU+ clean install of either older drivers or updated drivers
    • sfc /scannow | dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • Monitored all temps under 70°
    • removed Malwarebytes and Spybot
    • FurMark GPU Stress Test (min:44C - max: 53C)
    • ran Driver Verifier (couldn't read the faulting driver's name)
    • compatibility mode
    • underclocking under 100 with MSI Afterburner
    • disabling 540 GT
    • unplugging secondary monitor
    • updated bios
    • disabled and stopped running Windows Services "Superfetch" and "Windows Search"
    • turning off "show me tips about Windows", "Show app notifications", "Show app notifications on the lock screen", "Show alarms, reminders, and blah blah", "Hide notifications while presenting".
    • increased virtual memory

I also have a secondary monitor, a Sharp TV.

For reference, here is a list of the games I currently (try to) play:

• Sid Meier's Civilization V
    • Prison Architect
    • Always Sometimes Monsters
    • Dead State
    • Project Zomboid
    • Fallout: New Vegas
    • The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    • State of Decay

I sincerely thank anyone and everyone who tries to help out! THANK YOU.

Attachment 100659

robotparrot, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Laur_n Win User

Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC

BSOD when watching Netflix and Hulu

This is becoming a constant and it's incredibly frustrating. Every time I'm watching something on Netflix or Hulu my computer crashes to the BSOD! I have no clue what to do.

I've tried running diagnostics tests, clearing my cache, updating drivers; nothing seems to work! This began occuring right after upgrading to Windows 10. With the exception of the nightly BSOD when I'm trying to unwind and go to sleep, Windows 10 has been
    running beautifully.

Please help!! I'm not particularly tech savy, so if there is a step-by-step guide it would be greatly appreciated Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC :)

Laur_n, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC

1. Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC - Similar Threads - Netflix Hulu Stutter

2. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  3. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  4. PC Stuttering and crashing

PC Stuttering and crashing: Hello, There is a problem happening with my PC recently. It is a really frustrating problem and I just got it so its really annoying. The problem is that every time I open my pc it randomly freezes and then goes black screen. Nothing happens after that and I have to force...
  5. Windows 11 crashes when I try to stream Netflix, Hulu, Prime.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes when I try to stream Netflix, Hulu, Prime.: I upgraded to windows 11 a few months ago. I cannot stream anything except youtube and facebook. Netflix, hulu, prime all give black screen of death. I tried updating all of my drivers, clearing cookies, and all the lousy information from all the "geek" websites that I am...
  6. Windows 11 crashes when I try to stream Netflix, Hulu, Prime.

Windows 11 crashes when I try to stream Netflix, Hulu, Prime.: I upgraded to windows 11 a few months ago. I cannot stream anything except youtube and facebook. Netflix, hulu, prime all give black screen of death. I tried updating all of my drivers, clearing cookies, and all the lousy information from all the "geek" websites that I am...
  7. SCREEN RECORDING SOFTWARE WHILE USING NETFLIX/HULU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SCREEN RECORDING SOFTWARE WHILE USING NETFLIX/HULU: A few days ago, I've been using ShareX's screen recording software recording shows from streaming services like Netflix/Hulu & etc. & suddenly, when I watched a video after I screen captured it. I keeped seeing a blank screen with the audio portion still being herd. I've...
  8. my pc want play movies from hulu but will play netflix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc want play movies from hulu but will play netflix: my pc want play movies from hulu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-want-play-movies-from-hulu-but-will-play/4e601d6f-c66b-40c1-9994-cc881359d9c5
  9. Netflix, Hulu and Kodi playback suddenly acting wierd.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Netflix, Hulu and Kodi playback suddenly acting wierd.: Everything was working just fine up until this past Friday. I was happily binge watching Game of Thrones via Kodi when that stopped working. Can't get any requesters to work. Cleaned all cache and downloads out. Rebooted computer, reloaded Kodi. Still can't get anything to...
  10. BSOD & hard crashes playing Steam games and/or using Netflix/Hulu apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD & hard crashes playing Steam games and/or using Netflix/Hulu apps: Hello! My Dell XPS L502X laptop is constantly having hard crashes, watchdog BSODs, and extremely high disk (and sometimes memory) usage. This normally occurs while using the Netflix/Hulu apps or running games in Steam, both separately or simultaneously. I can generally...