Windows 10: Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

Discus and support Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue... Randomly, when using the Netflix app or Edge to stream Netflix, the entire PC will lock up. No error, nothing in events. Hard reset only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr Plowjoy, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

The issue...

Randomly, when using the Netflix app or Edge to stream Netflix, the entire PC will lock up. No error, nothing in events. Hard reset only option.

My setup...

Windows 10 latest

i7 @ 3.7ghz

32GB DDR 3 @ 1333

AMD 850+ GPU multi monitor output - 2 x HDMI, 1 x DVI

Samsung SSD OS install

Onboard audio

What I've tested/tried...

1. Setting the BIOS to auto OC = no fix
    2. Setting the BIOS to XMP = no fix
    3. Setting the BIOS to static speeds (no OC) = no fix
    4. Uninstalled/reinstalled Silverlight = no fix
    5. Uninstalled GPU drivers using DDU and reinstalled latest from AMD = no fix
    6. Uninstalled GPU drivers using DDU and reinstalled via Windows update = no fix
    7. Uninstalled Sound drivers using DDU and reinstalled via motherboard driver set = no fix
    8. Uninstalled Sound drivers using DDU and reinstalled via Windows update = no fix
    9. Uninstalled Netflix app and reinstalled = no fix
    10. Disabled GPU onboard audio = no fix
    11. Ran latest Memtest for several hours = no errors
    12. Checked device manager = no exclamations/device issues
    13. Checked event manager = nothing stated to coincide with the freeze

With all the above combinations I've also reexecuted AIDA64 stress tests on the CPU, cache, memory and GPU. Temps for the CPU never exceed 40-45 degrees (water cooled). GPU never exceeds 77 degrees, although in the instance of the freezes, the GPU temps are usually 45 degrees. The system is running extremely stable and working just fine, when not running Netflix in the aforementioned manner.

The issue is massively intermittent. For example, yesterday I ran the Netflix app whilst I had AIDA64 also running stress on CPU, cache, memory and GPU, for over 2 hours without issue. This morning, the same test ran for 2 mins before locking up the PC. Nothing different, apart from a fresh boot.

Any advice or help is welcome at this point. I really don't know what else to try.

:)

Mr Plowjoy, Feb 3, 2019

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

NetFlix App

Hi Adrianoe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Is the issue confined to Netflix apps?
    Try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Windows UI App Troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. Check if it runs fine:

Refer the following link to run the troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Uninstall the App, restart the system and then try re-installing the App from Store.

Follow these steps.

a) Right click on the Netflix, click on
    Uninstall.

b) Click on store.

c) Search for Netflix App.

d) Click on Install.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

1. Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock - Similar Threads - Netflix app Netflix

2. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  3. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  4. BSOD on Netflix in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Netflix in Edge: When I watch Netflix on Edge, sometimes I get total freezes of the OS and BSODs with Video_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR message right after the freeze. I don't know specific whys and whats that precede the problem, aside from watching Netflix itself. I've managed to find errors...
  5. BSOD with Netflix app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with Netflix app: Hello, I seem to be having consistent bsod when using the Netflix app on my windows 10 laptop. Doesnt seem to happen with other video files. The stop code I receive is: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVERS_M dxgkrnl.sys I have updated my display drivers and bios and I still...
  6. Netflix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix: [IMG] je n'arrive pas installer Netflix j'ai beau cliquer dessus rien ne se passe mais pour installer minecraft que j'ai acheter aucun pb auriez vous une idée j'ai reboot mon pc etc impossible Bonne soirée...
  7. Netflix no longer works in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix no longer works in Edge: Netflix no longer works in Edge browser for me. I'm on 1909. It stopped working after Edge browser was upgraded to the new one I think. I get error code D7701-1003 submitted by /u/teutonicnight99 [link] [comments]...
  8. Netflix not working on new Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix not working on new Edge?: Anyone else having trouble getting movies on Netflix to play? I have no idea why but they won't play for me. If I pick a movie from the home screen they work fine. But if I search for a movie and try to play it, it doesn't work. When I try to move the movie around I get the...
  9. Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC

Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC: Hello, when I play netflix on Edge or on the netflix App for windows my screen goes black and then the PC reboots. It doesn't happen if I play netflix in chrome but I am moving more to using Edge now and would like for it not to crash my PC. It would happen all the time but I...
  10. Netflix Apps Issue

Netflix Apps Issue: When i launch netflix application at my laptop, it turns into blue screen and show a message that is "Page fault in nonpaged area" I m using sony vaio laptop and the model is SVE1513M1EW....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd netflix computer lock up