Windows 10: Netflix app causes weird incompatibility to online videos

Discus and support Netflix app causes weird incompatibility to online videos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I noticed a weird effect when watching Netflix from the standalone Netflix app, rather than from a browser. I had opened YouTube in an Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by spapakons, Apr 11, 2020.

1. spapakons Win User

Netflix app causes weird incompatibility to online videos

Hello!

I noticed a weird effect when watching Netflix from the standalone Netflix app, rather than from a browser. I had opened YouTube in an Internet Explorer 11 tab in order to play some soothing music for my baby in the background (Mozart's Lullabies) and I wanted to watch a series in Netflix at the same time. My wife had opened several other tabs with online shops she would not want to lose, so I avoided loading Netflix at a new tab to avoid crashing IE11 or accidentally closing one of those tabs. I loaded the standalone Netflix app and proceeded to watch my series. I noticed that the background music from the YouTube tab was interrupted after a few seconds. I opened the tab and saw "An error xxxxx occurred, please try again later" (I don't remember the code). I thought that it could be some incompatibility with the current video. I tried to open another video, an error again, would not load. I assumed this could be some incompatibility with IE11 since support will stop soon, so I opened the same video in Firefox. The video would load (no error displayed) but it would not start playing! I checked several videos, all had the same symptoms, would load but not start playing in Firefox and would display an error in IE11. This was not only a YouTube issue, also videos from other sites (such as TV channels websites) would not play.

No matter what I did, as long as I had the standalone Netflix app open, both browsers would not play any videos! After I closed the Netflix app, everything was back to normal. Even IE11 could play anything, including YouTube videos (regardless of the warning that support will end soon). That's weird! I tried to play a video in YouTube and then load the Netflix app, the issues returned!

Does anyone knows what's going on? If that matters my system is a Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 tablet PC (hybrid laptop/tablet) running Windows 10 Pro v1909 64-bit. All Windows Updates and latest drivers have been installed. I had done a clean Windows 10 installation 2 months ago and I have no other issues (apart from the occasional freeze due to overheat).

Thank you in advance.

PS: The issue occurs only when loading the standalone Netflix app. If I watch Netflix through IE11 or Firefox, everything is OK and I can play a YouTube video at one tab and watch Netflix at another tab, no problem, in both IE11 and Firefox so no, it is not an IE11 compatibility problem. IE11 works fine.

:)

spapakons, Apr 11, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 11, 2020
  4. John Zab Win User

Windows 10 Netflix App

Hi Brennan,

To help you regarding with the issue on displaying Netflix app on 2nd monitor (TV), kindly give us details on the following:

• Is this issue isolated to Netflix app?
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    In the meantime, you can try these steps:

• Press Windows + P.
    • A side window pane should appear on your PC screen saying Project.
    • Select Duplicate from the list.
    • Then check if Netflix will now play video on the 2nd screen (TV).
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Netflix app causes weird incompatibility to online videos - Similar Threads - Netflix app causes

2. Online Videos netflix and youtube not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Online Videos netflix and youtube not working: Hi I am am unable to load videos on both the web and desktop version for Netflix and Youtube. I have tried Trouble Shooting, Internet comnnection is stable, my UAC is enabled, internet settings allow for videos to play. Could anyone advise of anything else?The issue occurs on...
  3. Online Videos netflix and youtube not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online Videos netflix and youtube not working: Hi I am am unable to load videos on both the web and desktop version for Netflix and Youtube. I have tried Trouble Shooting, Internet comnnection is stable, my UAC is enabled, internet settings allow for videos to play. Could anyone advise of anything else?The issue occurs on...
  4. Online Videos netflix and youtube not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  6. Video stuttering on netflix,...

Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  7. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  8. Netflix causes bsod

Netflix causes bsod: Netflix has become a giant head ache for windows 10. Ive been having issues with it from day one. But most recently it has decided to bsod my computer. But only after i go from playing a game, such as arma 3 or scum. So I am trying to figure out what exactly is causing the...
  9. Netflix causing BSOD while using the Netflix app and internet browsers

Netflix causing BSOD while using the Netflix app and internet browsers: I have been experiencing BSOD while watching Netflix in both the app from the Microsoft store and a variety of internet browsers. As far as I can tell my drivers are up to date. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Netflix app plays sound but no video

Netflix app plays sound but no video: I upgraded to w10 from w7 today and everything has ran smoothly other than the netflix app. It plays only sound and then if I search to a different point in the video an error message says "There is a problem with windows media element that is preventing playback" along with...