Windows 10: Netflix App Low Quality Streaming

Discus and support Netflix App Low Quality Streaming in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to Win 10 my streaming quality is lousy in my NF app. I don't see any settings for this. Any help appreciated. 19185 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hcour, Aug 25, 2015.

1. hcour Win User

Netflix App Low Quality Streaming

After upgrading to Win 10 my streaming quality is lousy in my NF app. I don't see any settings for this. Any help appreciated.

:)

hcour, Aug 25, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Why is Netflix have such low quality streaming?

Yeah, Netflix can control the quality of their streams. I don't know how they determine what quality to deliver to you, but you would have to take this up with Netflix.

Entegy, Aug 25, 2015
  3. JoshEck Win User
    Why is Netflix have such low quality streaming?

Even when watching HD videos on Netflix over either wi-fi or LTE on my Lumia 900, the video quality is so bad, it almost is unwatchable. My Galaxy Nexus played Netflix videos at a much higher quality than my Lumia 900. Is this something to do with Netflix
    itself?

JoshEck, Aug 25, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

While playing video in Netflix simultaneously depress the Shift, Crtl, Alt and S keys to show the Netflix Stream manager. Select the Manual Selection and then the highest bandwidth for the buffering rate. Once you see that the higher buffering rate is in effect, move the video slider back to the starting point to restart the video. The video should now play and buffer at the higher rate that you set. Get rid of the Stream Manager overlay by again simultaneously the Shift, Crtl, Alt and S keys.

The buffering manage can also be used using the web interface. Since the very beginning (pre-Windows 10) I've found that the Netflix app doesn't buffer or play at the highest rate possible until I change things in the Stream Manager. The web interface tends to ramp up better on its own.

PJLLB, Aug 25, 2015
  5. hcour Win User
    Great. That seems to have done it.

hcour, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Davidoff Win User
    People,

I've encountered another weird bug when running Netflix. I run it on Firefox because whenever I start Edge I get attacked by a zillion advertisements straight away (despite my ad blocker). If someone knows the solution to that one please let me know !!

Back to Netflix then: I do not get subtitles ! Despite me turning on the subtitles in my language (Dutch), I get nothing ! Anyone know a solution to that ?? Running Netflix on my wife's 5 years old top-of-the line HP laptop with Windows XP works like a charm (with subtitles ! ) yet on my expensive Sony Vaio with the i 7 processor I have NO subtitles and mediocre quality. Thanks, Microsoft !?

Davidoff, Sep 12, 2015
  7. Dch48 Win User
    There are no ad blockers that work with Edge as far as I know.

I think the settings given here are for the Windows 10 Netflix app and not Netflix run in a browser. I got into the stream manager (which I didn't know even existed) and mine is streaming and playing at the highest rates with no adjustments needed.

Dch48, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Netflix App Low Quality Streaming - Similar Threads - Netflix App Low

2. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  3. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to stream Netflix in 4K: I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App -...
  4. low streaming bandwith

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low streaming bandwith: I have played fh4 since oktober 2020. I was playing on medium but noticed that i can play it on high graphics 60fps no lag nothing. but then in februari something strange happend and that is the low streaming bandwith. If i drive above 250 kph it gives an unplayable lag and...
  5. Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV: I have a PC connected to our PC on the living room. We always use this for mainly Netflix and the occasional game. Today my little boy pulled a bit hard on the HDMI cable and broke it. So we had to switch to the Netflix App on the TV. I noticed straight away the image...
  6. Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues: Hello Redditers, I have a very unique issue with the netflix for windows app since the past 2 days. Before that, it worked properly. Now, whenever I play a video, it takes anything between 2-4 minutes to start streaming and that too at a very low resolution of 640 x 480...
  7. Netflix Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix Sound Quality: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 a couple days ago. Since then, when I try to stream any content on Netflix, the audio is all distorted. It sounds like a demon talking in my computer, not gonna lie haha. However, my Youtube and Spotify...
  8. All streamed videos are low quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All streamed videos are low quality: Hi There, No matter what service I use, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go and most online streaming services, the quality of the video seems very poor and pixelated. I have fast internet (200mbps). I have ensured all drivers are up to date. I have disabled windows defender and...
  9. BSOD While Streaming Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While Streaming Netflix: I just went full screen and then I got the BSOD. I tried restarting and unplugging the power cable after a shutdown. My drivers and Windows updates are up to date. My PC is experiencing heavy slow down since the crash. 71619
  10. Netflix video streaming to external screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netflix video streaming to external screen: Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to...