Windows 10: Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10

Discus and support Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are thrilled to announce the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) support on Windows 10 for both the Edge browser and the Netflix app. With this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10

Source: Netflix Now Supports HDR on Windows 10 - Netflix TechBlog - Medium

Download: Netflix app in Microsoft Store

:)

Brink, Dec 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding in bright areas of the video

Pink Pixelation and banding in HDR Videos on my HDR TV (Even the preview video included in recent insiders build). Facing this on stable build also. I'm on latest Insider build, still the HDR playback isn't fixed since the Fall creators stable update. I
    experience all types pink pixelation on ground, sky and water which are moderately bright areas in a HDR video. TV completely supports HDR and it's a 10 bit panel. There's a lot of banding in sky. Tried various custom settings in Nvidia panel too but that
    doesn't help. In Netflix, pink moving pixilation goes on the face of Actors. For gods sake, demo video inbuilt for HDR in windows 10 also looks awful with banding and pink moving pixels in sky. Attached some screenshots and a video for reference. ***I played
    the same files on TV natively and it looks gorgeous with true HDR.

Hardware Used -

Laptop- Acer Predator Helios 300

Processor - Intel 7700HQ

Graphics card - Nvidia 1050ti

External Monitor- 10 bit TV - MI TV 4 - Pro calibrated, Full support for HDR 10, capable for Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0b, supports all chroma subsampling modes upto 4:4:4 12 bpc. Premium certified HDMI cable used.

Hates windows but but always uses it, Dec 19, 2017
  3. TomWx965 Win User
    Netflix does NOT make the Windows 10 phone app - who does and who supports it?

I am having issues with the Windows 10 Mobile/Phone Application “NETFLIX”.
    Netflix strongly insist that it is NOT their APP. They say the Microsoft store is in error when they say the app is Published by NetFlix.
    It is NOT their app and they do NOT support the NETFLIX app.

Who support the NetFlix app on Wondows 10 mobile/phone?

Who is the real publisher and developer of the app?

Is it safe to run since Netflix says it is not their app?

Who do you contact to get the app store download page fixed – it should not say this is a NETFLIX app and list the true publisher of the app.

TomWx965, Dec 19, 2017
  4. Faith Win User

Why is Kaby Lake needed exactly? Could someone enlighten me? They mention encoding, but why Kaby Lake and up? What about X99's Haswells? Can't they encode and process HDR10 content? You're telling me that a NVIDIA Titan Xp and a 6850K can't "encode" HDR10? What a bunch of croc-dookies... Disappointment.

Faith, Dec 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Netflix app Supports

2. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  3. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  4. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  5. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  8. HDR support for windows 11

HDR support for windows 11: I search the forum and there are many questions about HDR but I could not find the solution of my issue.I have LG 34WP65C-B that is capable of HDR10. When go to System>Display>HDR. I get Play streaming HDR video not supported, Use HDR not supported. But when I run DxDiag I...
  9. HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.: Hello everybody, sorry if there was a question similar to mine somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Basically, windows colour and text are trashed by HDR activation in my windows set up. I have an LG 34WK95C-W connected to a PC Ryzen3 3950, Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super Smears...
  10. HDR: not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR: not supported: hello. My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/43e886f3-86db-435d-8eae-982efb43bfb0