Windows 10: Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC

Discus and support Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, when I play netflix on Edge or on the netflix App for windows my screen goes black and then the PC reboots. It doesn't happen if I play netflix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AzureBelmont, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC

Hello, when I play netflix on Edge or on the netflix App for windows my screen goes black and then the PC reboots. It doesn't happen if I play netflix in chrome but I am moving more to using Edge now and would like for it not to crash my PC. It would happen all the time but I uninstalled the HEVC codec from the windows store and it seemed to have resolved the issue for some time but now it is happening again. I have included a link to my minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQCc3gMXzhSh7Mgf9kwFwU6uIuXEQ?e=psHV9g. Thanks for any help on this.

:)

AzureBelmont, Apr 14, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC

Stuttering and buzzing when playing youtube through Windows Edge and on the Netflix app

Thanks for the response. Adobe flash was enabled and it is video through Edge and Netflix that has the problem.

I followed both the steps suggested below to no avail, still the same problem..

It is definitely linked to Microsoft Edge; as accessing either Netflix or YouTube through Google Chrome has been fine.

Ritchie Somerville, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC

1. Netflix App or on Edge crash my PC - Similar Threads - Netflix App Edge

2. Downloaded Netflix movies keep the app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded Netflix movies keep the app crashing: Hi,I'm running Parallels VM with windows 11 on Macbook m1 in order to use the Netflix app offline.I'm able to watch the movie/series right after installation, but when i'm trying to download the movie/series and play it, the app crashes, even if i keep my laptop online.I've...
  3. Downloaded Netflix movies keep the app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded Netflix movies keep the app crashing: Hi,I'm running Parallels VM with windows 11 on Macbook m1 in order to use the Netflix app offline.I'm able to watch the movie/series right after installation, but when i'm trying to download the movie/series and play it, the app crashes, even if i keep my laptop online.I've...
  4. Why does Netflix crash my pc into a full restart ?

Why does Netflix crash my pc into a full restart ?: For some strange reason my top end pc fully restarts after I start watching a Netflix show or movie. I would love to know if anyone out there has the same problem or maybe if someone knows how to fix this . It is really frustrating not being able to watch anything . This is...
  5. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  6. Netflix App

Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  7. BSOD on Netflix in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Netflix in Edge: When I watch Netflix on Edge, sometimes I get total freezes of the OS and BSODs with Video_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR message right after the freeze. I don't know specific whys and whats that precede the problem, aside from watching Netflix itself. I've managed to find errors...
  8. Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC: (If you watch the video be careful with the sound, there's a loud thump when i set my phone down). I have a very very annoying problem with these websites. Anytime I pull up Netflix or Hulu, my system stutters hard for a second, then my monitor turns black. This has never...
  9. Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer: If I watch a video with the netflix app on my computer, my system crashes and restarts. I got this information in event viewer. Does somebody has an idea? Protokollname: System Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Datum: 18.05.2020 19:04:20...
  10. Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock: The issue... Randomly, when using the Netflix app or Edge to stream Netflix, the entire PC will lock up. No error, nothing in events. Hard reset only option. My setup... Windows 10 latest i7 @ 3.7ghz 32GB DDR 3 @ 1333 AMD 850+ GPU multi monitor output - 2 x HDMI, 1...