Windows 10: Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit

Discus and support Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just installed the Netflix app for Windows 10 because I was having an issue with the streaming web site. Whenever I viewed any Netflix content, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bsaffin, Sep 29, 2016.

1. bsaffin Win User

Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit

I just installed the Netflix app for Windows 10 because I was having an issue with the streaming web site. Whenever I viewed any Netflix content, when I closed the browser window (tried Chrome, Firefox, IE) the video was set to the old VGA 4 color mode (at least that's what it looked like - horrible colors, and only 4 of them). But the Windows 10 app does the same thing.

I have ensured that I have the latest drivers for my video.

I watch videos on other sites all the time and Netflix is the only one that causes this problem.

:)

bsaffin, Sep 29, 2016
  2. korngear Win User

Whats the difference VGA and CIF

The term VGA [Video Graphics Array]is often used to refer to a resolution of 640×480, regardless of the hardware that produces the picture. It may also refer to the 15-pin D-subminiature VGA connector which is still widely used to carry analog video signals
    of all resolutions.

The VGA specifications are as follows:

256 KiB Video RAM

16-color and 256-color modes

262144-value color palette (six bits each for red, green, and blue)

Selectable 25 MHz or 28 MHz master clock

Maximum of 720 horizontal pixels

Maximum of 480 lines

Refresh rates at up to 70 Hz

Planar mode: up to 16 colors (4 bit planes)

Packed-pixel mode: 256 colors (Mode 13h)

Hardware smooth scrolling support

Some "Raster Ops" support

Barrel shifter

Split screen support

Soft fonts

The VGA supports both All Points Addressable graphics modes, and alphanumeric text modes. Standard graphics modes are

640×480 in 16 colors

640×350 in 16 colors

320×200 in 16 colors

320×200 in 256 colors (Mode 13h)

As well as the standard modes, VGA can be configured to emulate many of the modes of its predecessors (EGA, CGA, and MDA).

VGA is better.

The Quarter Video Graphics Array (also known as Quarter VGA or QVGA) is a popular term for a computer display with 320 × 240 resolution. QVGA displays are most often seen in mobile phones, PDAs and some handheld game consoles. Most often the displays are in
    a “portrait” alignment (as opposed to “landscape”) and are referred to as 240 × 320 as the displays are taller than they are wide.

The name is derived from the fact that it offers 1/4 of the 640 × 480 maximum resolution of the original IBM VGA display technology, which became a de facto industry standard in the late 1980s.

At higher resolutions the "Q" prefix sometimes means "Quad" or four times the display resolution (e.g. QXGA which is 2048 × 1536).Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit ;)

korngear, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Netflix desktop app is not working on windows 10

Easy Fix that work for me if using multiple hard drives.

1. Uninstall the Netflix app.

2. Go to All Settings

3. Go to System

4. Select Storage

5. Under "Save locations" go to and select "New apps will save to: This PC (CNetflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit :)"

6. Go to "Store" and install the Netflix app

7. Sign into your Netflix account through the app

8. Select and Play Video. Netflix will then configure your video player settings

9. Everything should now be working.

Righteous1000, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit

1. Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit - Similar Threads - Netflix App sets

2. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  3. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  4. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  5. Netflix App

Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  6. Netflix app causes weird incompatibility to online videos

Netflix app causes weird incompatibility to online videos: Hello! I noticed a weird effect when watching Netflix from the standalone Netflix app, rather than from a browser. I had opened YouTube in an Internet Explorer 11 tab in order to play some soothing music for my baby in the background (Mozart's Lullabies) and I wanted to...
  7. Settings App font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App font color: Links in "Settings" take on the same color of the title bar, is there any way to change it? 146146
  8. How to set the backgroung color for video

How to set the backgroung color for video: Hello I want to make a simple video showing a rotating text. I create a text 3d and also turn off the canvas when i save as video gif type i get the default background . i change by clicking on effects tab but i can use only the existing color !! I would like to...
  9. Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video: Hey there folks, i'm going completely insane with this issue hopefully someone can help, first off the description of the issue. Anytime I exit either a fullscreen game, or fullscreen video (youtube, netflix etc.) the computer moves from high performance to powersave mode...
  10. Netflix app plays sound but no video

Netflix app plays sound but no video: I upgraded to w10 from w7 today and everything has ran smoothly other than the netflix app. It plays only sound and then if I search to a different point in the video an error message says "There is a problem with windows media element that is preventing playback" along with...