Windows 10: Netflix dvd disc naming issue

Discus and support Netflix dvd disc naming issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I received a Netflix rental disc, on the physical disc as well as the sleeve it is NUMBERS SEASON 3 DISC 5; when I play the disc that is what appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nrr18, Oct 8, 2020.

1. nrr18 Win User

Netflix dvd disc naming issue

I received a Netflix rental disc, on the physical disc as well as the sleeve it is NUMBERS SEASON 3 DISC 5; when I play the disc that is what appears on the screen. BUT, when I look at the disc'sproperties using file manager I see NUMBERS SEASON 3 DISC 4, How can that happen?

:)

nrr18, Oct 8, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Netflix dvd disc naming issue

format/backup CD/DVD discs

Hi Patricia,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you facing this issue with the particular DVD or others also?
    I suggest you to refer to the below given methods and check if issue is resolved.

Method: 1

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method: 2

Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on
      rescan disks
      and click on Refresh and check if issue persists.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Netflix dvd disc naming issue

1. Netflix dvd disc naming issue - Similar Threads - Netflix dvd disc

2. How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from DVD disc to USB disc?: When I inserted a blank CD to my pc I was presented two options, using it as DVD or as USB device, I choosed USB wrongly as I intended to use it as DVD, is there a way to alternate between both options?...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  5. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. DVD RAM discs

DVD RAM discs: Hi, ;Does anyone know how to get windows to recognize DVD RAM discs. My dvd drive is HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GUE1,my computer ASUS A540L,with latest windows version. Windows shows invalid directory.; I know there is data on it but windows shows empty folder and will not play.; Any...
  7. Recovery Disc & Netflix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Disc & Netflix: Hi, Can Somebody please assist I had a new Windows 10 installed by Microsoft approx 4-5 Months agofor variable reasons I create a Recovery Disc,but now the Recovery Disc will not work & I cannot create a new recovery disc It state some files are missing Another problem...
  8. Netflix Apps Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix Apps Issue: When i launch netflix application at my laptop, it turns into blue screen and show a message that is "Page fault in nonpaged area" I m using sony vaio laptop and the model is SVE1513M1EW....
  9. Files are not showing in DVD disc

Files are not showing in DVD disc: Files are not showing in DVD disc when I access in dvd writer, but while I try to play in dvd player, files are showing. I don't know why, plz can anyone help?...
  10. Close / Finalize DVD Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Close / Finalize DVD Disc: HI all Have recorded onto DVD-r disc but cannot find any means of closing / finalizing the disc which means we cannot play the disc on our DVD player. We have just installed the windows 10 update but cant find how to do it. Cheers 22195