Windows 10: Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card

Discus and support Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've run into a pretty strange problem since updating my video card recently. When I try to play Netflix on my external monitor, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hobanna, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Hobanna Win User

Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card

Hi everyone,

I've run into a pretty strange problem since updating my video card recently. When I try to play Netflix on my external monitor, it plays fine for a while but then will lag every now and again and freeze on a frame then right itself. Oddly, youtube does not appear to be affected, but I've also noticed it on Stan when playing video there. Is there any workaround to this other than reverting back to what I originally had before updating?

I use a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop with a Dell external monitor (DELL SE2417H) and the video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I have 16GB ram.

Thanks for any help in advance Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card :)

Tara

:)

Hobanna, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Surface book nvidia video card vs intel hd graphics

I can't get my external monitor (asus mx299q) to use my nvidia geforce video card instead of the intel hd graphics on Microsoft surface book HelpPPpPpP!

Bananas111, Dec 13, 2018
  4. randybw57 Win User

Can't use Nvidia GeForce GTX760 after Win 10

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10.

I'm not able to use the Nvidia GeForce GTX760 video card that worked with 8.1.

My PC also has a ATI Radeon HD 4200 that is working.

When I power up with the Nvidia card connected nothing ever appears on the monitor.

Thanks for for any help or advice.

I have the GeForce Windows 10 Driver Version 353.62 installed according to

Nvidia GeForce Experience. That driver is listed as 'up to date'.

randybw57, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card - Similar Threads - Netflix lagging External

2. Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working: Please I need help with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.My GPU is detected by my control panel, on my device manager etc, but each time I use it to run games, my GPU doesn't startupI have Changed the settings in control panel, and have tried all other forms of...
  3. Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia GeForce graphics card not working: Please I need help with my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card.My GPU is detected by my control panel, on my device manager etc, but each time I use it to run games, my GPU doesn't startupI have Changed the settings in control panel, and have tried all other forms of...
  4. Netflix, video, graphic card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netflix, video, graphic card: have had my Huawei laptop with Windows 10 on it and I play Netflix from the App. The video starts and plays like normal for about 5-8 minutes, then the screen size in the video player changes size about every 6 seconds creating a flickering. It flickers from one screen...
  5. 2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 Update and Nvidia video cards: How long until PCs with NVIDIA video cards can get the 2004 update. My laptop updated fine but my desktop has an NVIDIA video card and won't pull in the update - even the update assistant won't get it. I read there was a compatibility problem....
  6. Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory: Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere. Laptop Acer Aspire v3-772g Windows 10 NIVIDIA GeForce GT 750m Systemrequirementslab.com sometimes spits at me that I have 3gb or 4gb dedicated video memory on my card, and sometimes 1gb. So I dediced to...
  7. No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970: Hi all Purchased a new CyberPower Gaming Elite II PC 2 days ago and have since been unable to get a signal going from the NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 to my monitor. Granted it is an old monitor with a VGA connection and so have used the adapter that came with the computer to...
  8. Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card

Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card: I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up. This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old. Anyone got an URL for the proper site? 4506
  9. MSI Nvidia Geforce GT 710 video card replaced all sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI Nvidia Geforce GT 710 video card replaced all sound: my newly installed MS I Nvidia GeForce GT 710 video card replaced all of my sound drivers with its own. This caused my other devices not to even show up on the list. Furthermore all my sound has been diverted to my HD TVs speakers so that now my TV has to be on in order to...
  10. Netflix video streaming to external screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netflix video streaming to external screen: Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use geforce on external monitor