Windows 10: Netflix Loads Slowly

Discus and support Netflix Loads Slowly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two ethernet connected Win 10 Home PC's with the Netflix app installed. Netflix has always loaded quickly on PC1. PC2 was as fast as PC1 up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manic_biker, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Netflix Loads Slowly

I have two ethernet connected Win 10 Home PC's with the Netflix app installed. Netflix has always loaded quickly on PC1. PC2 was as fast as PC1 up until one month ago. PC2 has a NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti card. Now, PC2 loads both Netflix and content very slowly (minutes). No hardware changes were made for several months. Browser speed is also slow. I have tried a numer of changes with no improvement: Netflix app reset and uninstall/reinstall, flush cache, temp,cookies, home network restart, connect PC2 directly to modem, graphic uninstall/reinstall, turned off hardware acceleration, verified all drivers were current, as well as Windows updates were current. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

manic_biker, Aug 19, 2019

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 19, 2019
  4. DonnaYE Win User

Netflix Loads Slowly

Microsoft Edge will not load Netflix

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this issue. Netflix does load on Chrome, and Amazon Instant video loads on the Edge browser, leaving me to believe that it is not a video card driver. Edge does load the Netflix website, but once I load the "my
    list" page, it blinks rapidly. I have not tried troubleshotting this problem, as I don't know where to begin. obviously I am not high tech, but I do manage to find the answers to most issues that I've come accross. I have not made any changes as of yet to
    my new Windows 10 install. I will try both of the methods that you have suggested and repost my results......wish me luck...thank you!

DonnaYE, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Netflix Loads Slowly

1. Netflix Loads Slowly - Similar Threads - Netflix Loads Slowly

2. Files very often load only very slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Files very often load only very slowly: The CPU of my PC is an i7-6700 with 16 GB RAM running Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.379. I have my data on several internal SSDs and several NAS with Gigabit Ethernet connections. My antivirus software is the built in Defender from MS. My Windows 10 File Explorer is getting...
  3. Suddenly, everything loads slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly, everything loads slowly: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1803 As of today, I am finding that every program I have loads much more slowly than before. This includes operating system objects such as the Project menu, as well as 3rd party software. For example: Windows-P to open the Project menu now...
  4. Suddenly, everything loads slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly, everything loads slowly: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1803 As of today, I am finding that every program I have loads much more slowly than before. This includes operating system objects such as the Project menu, as well as 3rd party software. For example: Windows-P to open the Project menu now...
  5. Slowly loaded Surface Bock 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slowly loaded Surface Bock 2: Good afternoon, I immediately ask for an apology for my English - I speak only Russian and German.I translate it using a google-translator :) The problem is this. My Surface Book 2 is loaded about 50 seconds. 20 - 25 seconds spinning circles under the MS logo, then for...
  6. Netflix app on Windows 10 does not load right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix app on Windows 10 does not load right.: Netflix worked fine for a long time then one day it opened looking like the screenshot. Can't scroll or do anything with it. Restarted, reinstalled updated. Nothing works. It works fine in browsers just not in the app. Any ideas?[ATTACH]...
  7. Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?: Since upgrading to Windows 10 about 10 days ago I repeatedly experience slow Edge page loading and then Edge locking up. I am on Surface Pro. I have set my own custom start page. IE loads faster but it too periodically locks up and needs restarting. This never happened before...
  8. Bing Loads Slowly On Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Loads Slowly On Windows 10: So yeah, I know this sounds weird or not accurate but Bing loads slowly on my windows 10 machine (slow on both IE and Edge). Loads quickly on both my Windows 7 and 8.1 machines. I first noticed this after the most recent windows 10 update. FYI, all other sites load quickly on...
  9. no IPv6 connection -websites load very slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no IPv6 connection -websites load very slowly: I noticed late last night..no IPv6 connection, only IPv4. and from that, some web pages load very slowly. I checked download /upload speed and registered very abnormal results. download: 5.25% and upload: 1.90% the normal stats would be download: 95.78% and upload: 6.88%...
  10. Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer: I'd like them to load faster, what can I do? I've tried this but it didn't help. 66519