Windows 10: Netflix Loads Slowly

Discus and support Netflix Loads Slowly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two ethernet connected Win 10 Home PC's with the Netflix app installed. Netflix has always loaded quickly on PC1. PC2 was as fast as PC1 up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manic_biker, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Netflix Loads Slowly

I have two ethernet connected Win 10 Home PC's with the Netflix app installed. Netflix has always loaded quickly on PC1. PC2 was as fast as PC1 up until one month ago. PC2 has a NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti card. Now, PC2 loads both Netflix and content very slowly (minutes). No hardware changes were made for several months. Browser speed is also slow. I have tried a numer of changes with no improvement: Netflix app reset and uninstall/reinstall, flush cache, temp,cookies, home network restart, connect PC2 directly to modem, graphic uninstall/reinstall, turned off hardware acceleration, verified all drivers were current, as well as Windows updates were current. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

manic_biker, Aug 19, 2019

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 19, 2019
  4. DonnaYE Win User

Netflix Loads Slowly

Microsoft Edge will not load Netflix

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this issue. Netflix does load on Chrome, and Amazon Instant video loads on the Edge browser, leaving me to believe that it is not a video card driver. Edge does load the Netflix website, but once I load the "my
    list" page, it blinks rapidly. I have not tried troubleshotting this problem, as I don't know where to begin. obviously I am not high tech, but I do manage to find the answers to most issues that I've come accross. I have not made any changes as of yet to
    my new Windows 10 install. I will try both of the methods that you have suggested and repost my results......wish me luck...thank you!

DonnaYE, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Netflix Loads Slowly

1. Netflix Loads Slowly - Similar Threads - Netflix Loads Slowly

2. Laptop loads slowly and restarts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop loads slowly and restarts.: My laptop is restarting after every shut down and takes hours to load anything. This happened overnight and previously it had only taken moments to do anything. Its practically unusable now and i don't know what to do....
  3. Laptop loads slowly and restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop loads slowly and restarts.: My laptop is restarting after every shut down and takes hours to load anything. This happened overnight and previously it had only taken moments to do anything. Its practically unusable now and i don't know what to do....
  4. Laptop loads slowly and restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is loading very slowly: The issue began about 12 hours ago. My computer simply failed to respond so I turned it off. When I attempted to turn it back on it send me to the log on screen still loading slowly then I was brought to a black screen. I restarted my computer several times tried to intervene...
  6. Desktop is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop is loading very slowly: The issue began about 12 hours ago. My computer simply failed to respond so I turned it off. When I attempted to turn it back on it send me to the log on screen still loading slowly then I was brought to a black screen. I restarted my computer several times tried to intervene...
  7. Desktop is loading very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Suddenly, everything loads slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly, everything loads slowly: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1803 As of today, I am finding that every program I have loads much more slowly than before. This includes operating system objects such as the Project menu, as well as 3rd party software. For example: Windows-P to open the Project menu now...
  9. Suddenly, everything loads slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly, everything loads slowly: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1803 As of today, I am finding that every program I have loads much more slowly than before. This includes operating system objects such as the Project menu, as well as 3rd party software. For example: Windows-P to open the Project menu now...
  10. Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails load slowly in Explorer: I'd like them to load faster, what can I do? I've tried this but it didn't help. 66519