Windows 10: Netflix no longer works in Edge

Discus and support Netflix no longer works in Edge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Netflix no longer works in Edge browser for me. I'm on 1909. It stopped working after Edge browser was upgraded to the new one I think. I get error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/teutonicnight99, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Netflix no longer works in Edge

Netflix no longer works in Edge browser for me. I'm on 1909. It stopped working after Edge browser was upgraded to the new one I think.

I get error code D7701-1003

submitted by /u/teutonicnight99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/teutonicnight99, Oct 3, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Netflix not working on Microsoft Edge error code “W8156-88890001”

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access Netflix on Microsoft Edge which prompts an error W8156-88890001. We will help you to resolve this issue.

Please provide us with additional information to assist you better:

• Were you able to access Netflix using different browser?
    • Is Microsoft Edge the default browser on your computer?

I suggest you to access Netflix using Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

If you are still unable to access Netflix using Internet Explorer, please refer to the below link and check if your issue resembles the same and try the troubleshooting steps:

netflix error code W8156-88890001

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry.

However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the article Backup and restore the registry in Windows

Hope it helps.

Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Tenforo, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Netflix no longer works in Edge

1. Netflix no longer works in Edge - Similar Threads - Netflix longer works

2. BSOD on Netflix in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Netflix in Edge: When I watch Netflix on Edge, sometimes I get total freezes of the OS and BSODs with Video_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR message right after the freeze. I don't know specific whys and whats that precede the problem, aside from watching Netflix itself. I've managed to find errors...
  3. Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rupal_hs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldsl49/netflix_4k_works_on_chromium_edge/
  4. Netflix not working on new Edge?

Netflix not working on new Edge?: Anyone else having trouble getting movies on Netflix to play? I have no idea why but they won't play for me. If I pick a movie from the home screen they work fine. But if I search for a movie and try to play it, it doesn't work. When I try to move the movie around I get the...
  5. Netflix and Prime video not working on Edge.

Netflix and Prime video not working on Edge.: I'm using the latest version of Chromium Edge (Version 84.0.522.40) and Netflix and Prime video players do not work. Netflix gives me the error D7361-1253. Prime video just says there was a problem. Both work when using FireFox. I searched and the only fix I found was...
  6. netflix is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netflix is not working: T1-H1-W80072F8A Above mentioned is coming on screen with try again phrase while opening Netflix application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-is-not-working/bc70ffe4-0d4e-4cc5-9c8f-3b6863b9c39c
  7. Microsoft Edge No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Edge No Longer Working: When I try to launch Microsoft Edge I get this error that the side by side configuration is incorrect. I've tried everything online to fix this and nothing seems to work....
  8. Start menu and Edge no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Edge no longer work: I initially installed KB4517389 without a problem. However, I coincidentally experienced problem with a Personal Cloud that I suspected could be due to the update and I uninstalled the update. The server problem turned out to be drive failure, and I reinstalled the update but...
  9. Microsoft Edge no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge no longer working: [ATTACH] After installing the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4517211), Microsoft Edge no longer works. It is missing its icon and name, and upon opening the app it just crashes immediately....
  10. Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock: The issue... Randomly, when using the Netflix app or Edge to stream Netflix, the entire PC will lock up. No error, nothing in events. Hard reset only option. My setup... Windows 10 latest i7 @ 3.7ghz 32GB DDR 3 @ 1333 AMD 850+ GPU multi monitor output - 2 x HDMI, 1...