Windows 10: Netflix now on SKY Q boxes

Discus and support Netflix now on SKY Q boxes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks SKY Q customers can get NETFLIX now 100% LEGALLY on SKY Q boxes including miniboxes -- this saves having to mess about with laptops / tablets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Nov 13, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Netflix now on SKY Q boxes

Hi folks

SKY Q customers can get NETFLIX now 100% LEGALLY on SKY Q boxes including miniboxes -- this saves having to mess about with laptops / tablets / casting from phones / using roku and amazon fire TV boxes. I'm all in favour of minimizing boxes and dongles attached to TV sets.

No extra cost if you already have a NETFLIX subscription --just login as usual --same interface etc. A lot more convenient (I have 3 SKY Q miniboxes and a mail SKY Q box). I find also much better response than from smart TV with NETFLIX app built in - usually slow and cumbersome, and no LAN connections. (Also SKY Q boxes can be recordable too).

A bit fiddly to set up on the mini boxes -- just google for it but worth it.

Netflix now on SKY Q boxes [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 13, 2018

2. speaker system not compatable with sky Q

Hi i have just got Sky Q installed but I cannot use the ultra hd part as my Sony HT-AS5 speaker will not work is there any way I can connect my speaker system to the sky Q box.

cookiemonster, Nov 13, 2018
  3. flmatter Win User
    speaker system not compatable with sky Q

a quick google search on both the sky q box and your sony speaker system shows they have an optical connector and I would connect that way. If your sky q does not have a optical out then I do not know. Upload pictures of the back of both, the sky q and sony system so we know what connectors are available for an attempt to get it working.
    Thanks and good luck

flmatter, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Netflix now on SKY Q boxes

Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Netflix now on SKY Q boxes

1. Netflix now on SKY Q boxes - Similar Threads - Netflix SKY boxes

2. Netflix and Sky emails not displaying pictures/links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix and Sky emails not displaying pictures/links: I have windows 10 and run my hotmail account off the windows mail app. No matter what I do I cannot get sky or netflix emails to display properly. I have read countless messages posted here and have taken all the steps needed to get them to display. I have automatically...
  3. Sky sound box hdmi not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sky sound box hdmi not recognised: My sky sound box was working with real flight 9 via hdmi cable from sound box to laptop, but since i moved my laptop to another room sound box not recognised . No sound no images . any ideas please thanks barry...
  4. Strange behaviour of Devolo homemplugs after upgrading to Sky Q Hub ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange behaviour of Devolo homemplugs after upgrading to Sky Q Hub ?: Hello I recently experienced some internet / network instability issues with our old sky 102 router, so called Sky and they offered to send me a Sky Q Hub router. I also have Devolo 200 wifi starter kit, which has worked more or less flawlessly for 10 years (200 wifi unit &...
  5. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes: Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!). It's now a stand...
  6. Sky Q router and Devolo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sky Q router and Devolo: Hi can someone help please I have been running a Sky router and Devolo 500+ Duo for some time now with no problems. But Sky has sent me a new SkyQ router and the base unit of the Delolo will not connect to the new router no matter what I try. On running the Devolo Cockpit it...
  7. Windows 10 Netwrok Issue with SKY Silver Box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Netwrok Issue with SKY Silver Box: When I did the update I had no problems however post the update my BroadBand seemed very slow. After some investigation I found that Network Discovery appeared to have switched on the Sky Hub on the Sky Silver box. My network seemed to show I was still getting my BroadBand...
  8. Sky Brodband Box Infections?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sky Brodband Box Infections?: I have been using Sky Broadband Box for 3 Years now and over that Period of time, I have experienced some bad infections. Before I start off by resseting my PC overnight, is it possible that my Sky Broadband Boz can be infected? 34553
  9. Sky Q -- good but get HDMI splitter and HDMI-->SCART device

Sky Q -- good but get HDMI splitter and HDMI-->SCART device: Hi there I actually LIKE the SKY Q package -- also now 4K UHD available - and it's cheaper than the SKY HD + if you are selective in what you choose (apart from the up front cost). BUT 1) only 1 HDMI output at back of box so get HDMI splitter -- works fine and...
  10. Recording from SKY Q Miniboxes to computer / DVD recorder

Recording from SKY Q Miniboxes to computer / DVD recorder: Hi there The engineers from SKY unsurprisingly know as little about their products as a 4 year old !!! so forget what they tell you --if you want to record to external devices with SKY Q products (not the old SKY + box which has an inbuilt copy function) then here's how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netflix app on sky q not working