Windows 10: NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

Discus and support NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Netflix turns into black and white when I play some titles on full screen, it works fine on maximize or any other mode, but turns into Black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jairenstewal, Apr 14, 2021.

1. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

My Netflix turns into black and white when I play some titles on full screen, it works fine on maximize or any other mode, but turns into Black and White when I switch into full screen.

Not only occur in the movies, but all on the app itself, so far I found it on two titles, Black Mirror and Money Heist, and in my case it's working just fine when I watch those title on any other platform, such as mobile version or even on Firefox, this issues only occur when I played it on the Windows Apps, I found it really annoying cause it's the only platform I can have the full 4k resolution and the sharpness of the video when watching on PC, noted that Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox could offer the same resolution but already tried and compared that the video quality are still better to watch on the Netflix Windows apps.

So, please, is there anyone can help me to fix this issues? I saw some people are also experiencing the same issues, just still cannot find any clues or resolve on the forum or internet.

:)

jairenstewal, Apr 14, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Apr 14, 2021
  3. NetFlix App

Hi Adrianoe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Is the issue confined to Netflix apps?
    Try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Windows UI App Troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue. Check if it runs fine:

Refer the following link to run the troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Uninstall the App, restart the system and then try re-installing the App from Store.

Follow these steps.

a) Right click on the Netflix, click on
    Uninstall.

b) Click on store.

c) Search for Netflix App.

d) Click on Install.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 14, 2021
  4. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

netflix app

Hi Thomas,

This issue may arise due to a corrupted app or an outdated one. To help you resolve your concern, kindly uninstall the program in the Control Panel and then install Netflix in the Windows Store app. Type Windows Store app in the search field under taskbar
    and then log in using your Microsoft account.

For more troubleshooting steps we suggest that you contact
    Netflix support
    for better assistance.

Raymond Ave, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps

1. NETFLIX on Windows/Microsoft Store Apps - Similar Threads - NETFLIX Microsoft Store

2. Netflix "Get" button in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix "Get" button in Microsoft Store: Brought home new pc with Windows 10 Home Version 20H2/OS build19042.1052. Can not install Netflix from the store. I click on the "Get" button but nothing happens. This is only affecting Netflix, able to download other apps with no problem. Windows is now up-to-date, I have...
  3. Unable to Re-Install Netflix App from MICROSOFT STORE!!

Unable to Re-Install Netflix App from MICROSOFT STORE!!: Recently my Netflix App started not responding. I went ahead and thought to just re-install it after uninstalling. Upon trying to re-install, no action happens after I click 'GET' for Netflix App. No download process , nothing at all. Every other app I checked responds just...
  4. Can't redownload Netflix on Microsoft Store

Can't redownload Netflix on Microsoft Store: I recently uninstalled Netflix application from my Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. I have attempted to redownload it by pressing get on the store but nothing happens. I have also tried adding to cart but that does nothing as well. I have no problems installing other apps...
  5. Cant install Netflix app from Microsoft store

Cant install Netflix app from Microsoft store: This all started when my Netflix app started freezing randomly. Randomly while watching a show it froze for the first time, so as a result I tried reopening the app. The app reopened but now going into the app it would freeze after 5 seconds. So I thought reinstalling or...
  6. Netflix app from the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix app from the store: About 3 weeks ago my Netflix app that comes with Windows 10 started having very slight streaming hesitations. I use my tv monitor hooked up to the desktop computer. I tried going directly to Netflix.com to watch and it was worse. Today while watching a series the English...
  7. Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer

Windows Store Netflix app crashes computer: If I watch a video with the netflix app on my computer, my system crashes and restarts. I got this information in event viewer. Does somebody has an idea? Protokollname: System Quelle: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Datum: 18.05.2020 19:04:20...
  8. Netflix app will not download from store

Netflix app will not download from store: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to get the Netflix app from the windows store. It says that the app is already owned when I go to the store page. However, when I click the blue 'install' button, a black border appears around the button but nothing appears...
  9. Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store

Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store: tl;dr : I am using the Netflix app from Windows 10 store. The app works fine on my laptop however when i connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI and play want to watch a video on the TV i get black screen on the video with the menu, audio and subtitle still working fine. But...
  10. Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue: I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value...