Windows 10: Netflix, WatchESPN, Plex apps don't work in Windows 10. Web works.

Discus and support Netflix, WatchESPN, Plex apps don't work in Windows 10. Web works. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated my AMD E350 system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am excited to get to use Netflix with Windows 10 because Silverlight in Windows 7 was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yazyazoo, Jul 31, 2015.

1. yazyazoo Win User

Netflix, WatchESPN, Plex apps don't work in Windows 10. Web works.

I just updated my AMD E350 system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am excited to get to use Netflix with Windows 10 because Silverlight in Windows 7 was terrible for the E350.

I updated yesterday and immediately downloaded Netflix, Plex and WatchEspn. I tried to watch videos using the app versions but they all play with a black screen and only audio.

I then go to the web version using the new Edge browser. They all work. Why don't the app version work? Although the app version seems to be just web versions but they must be different becuase the app version doesn't remember the password information from the web version.

Any suggestions in settings to get video to work in the app versions?

:)

yazyazoo, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Sean_7733 Win User

Whoops, something went wrong... (W80072EE4)

Hello,

I have been having the exact same problem. The netflix app works fine on other user accounts, but not my main administrator account. Also not working is WatchESPN - says "video failed to play". Most other apps work fine. I have taken all the above steps,
    short of reinstalling windows, without success. Any additional advice? I would prefer to not have to reinstall windows.

Thank you,

Sean

Sean_7733, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Can't select service provider to access content in windows 10 apps.

In Apps like Netflix and the WWE app that require their own login i can access them just fine.

But apps such as WatchESPN and Individual tv stations like the tbs and tnt apps that require you to select your service provider i can see the list of available options but can not click on any of them. Some apps do absolutely nothing while some show
    an error stating unable to log in.

I have windows 10 installed on 2 different computers, everything works fine on 1 but not on the 2nd.

AdamRhoades, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Netflix, WatchESPN, Plex apps don't work in Windows 10. Web works.

1. Netflix, WatchESPN, Plex apps don't work in Windows 10. Web works. - Similar Threads - Netflix WatchESPN Plex

2. Windows 10 apps don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 apps don't work: I bought a gaming PC last week and none of the pre-installed apps work, they open for a second and then close. I have tried all the solutions I found online, even letting the PC rest once and nothing. I have been using it for games and I have no problem with that, but I would...
  3. Windows 10 apps don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 apps don't work: I bought a gaming PC last week and none of the pre-installed apps work, they open for a second and then close. I have tried all the solutions I found online, even letting the PC rest once and nothing. I have been using it for games and I have no problem with that, but I would...
  4. Windows 10 apps don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows 10 Apps don't work!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps don't work!: Hello, First of all will be a bit of a backstory; I upgraded all Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 last year when we had a Windows 2008 Server Curriculum and Windows 2012 Server Admin The machines that were on the 2012 server the Apps worked fine as they should. We then...
  6. netflix is not working

netflix is not working: T1-H1-W80072F8A Above mentioned is coming on screen with try again phrase while opening Netflix application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-is-not-working/bc70ffe4-0d4e-4cc5-9c8f-3b6863b9c39c
  7. NETFLIX App Not Working on Windows 10 2019 (after update)

NETFLIX App Not Working on Windows 10 2019 (after update): Dear all, I need your technical assistance for solving my problem, namely: Windows 10 Netflix app does not work anymore (Netflix app stuck on the loading screen, then closes it itself) For some others Netflix App suddenly crashes or encounter a black screen every time while...
  8. Fix Netflix app not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Netflix app not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] While you can always stream Netflix videos using any browser, Windows 10 offers you a native app to watch videos. Now it may so happen that while it works on the browser, the app doesn’t work. You may be getting [...] This post Fix Netflix app not working on Windows...
  9. Netflix Win10 App not working :/

Netflix Win10 App not working :/: Hi, so pretty much from day 1 the netflix app in the win app store has not worked on my win10, everything loads up fine and you click on a movie/tv show and it buffers at 7% than 21% than goes back to the content menu, I have tried everything I can think of, uninstalling the...
  10. watchespn app doesn't work

watchespn app doesn't work: I am running windows 10 pro and installed watchespn app. It loads but no matter what I click on I get video fails to load. Any help on what to do ? Thanks 31921

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt plex show up in the microsoft store

2. WHY CAN i NOT DOWNLOAD THE wATCHESPN APP TO MY WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP