Windows 10: Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

Discus and support Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Redditers, I have a very unique issue with the netflix for windows app since the past 2 days. Before that, it worked properly. Now, whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anythingelse45, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

Hello Redditers,

I have a very unique issue with the netflix for windows app since the past 2 days. Before that, it worked properly. Now, whenever I play a video, it takes anything between 2-4 minutes to start streaming and that too at a very low resolution of 640 x 480 instead of 4k resolution.

The steps I have tried to fix it are:

1. Updated Gfx card drivers
    2. Updated Windows 10
    3. Uninstalled netflix app and deleted all the residual netflix files from appdata and others and then reinstalled
    4. Uninstalled HEVC video extensions and then reinstalled
    5. Checked Antivirus and firewall settings and shutting them off and tried playing the video
    6. Checked that Netflix settings for playback are set to highest

Still the same. It plays correctly on Internet explorer but that can only goto 1080p instead of the 4k that I get on the app.

Does anyone have a solution

submitted by /u/anythingelse45
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anythingelse45, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Netflix does not stream readily

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you encountering the same issue using other browsers?
    • What websites usually don't stream on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Are you getting an error when streaming on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Netflix app?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Sep 20, 2020
  4. PJLLB Win User

Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value the app immediately crashes. I reported this to Netflix and they have confirmed the issue. It is a bug in the latest Netflix app update. Note that the browser Stream Manager does not crash, but the browser does not provide the Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that the app does. So recommend not updating the app since it is buggy.

And of course Netflix only says "check for an update to the app to get a fix." Typical.

PJLLB, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

1. Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues - Similar Threads - Netflix App streaming

2. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to stream Netflix in 4K: I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App -...
  3. Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K: Hello all, I just bought a new laptop and downloaded the netflix app but I can't get 4k playback, just HD. I've listed the steps below I've taken to trouble shoot and my configuration too. Configuration/Troubleshooting: Razer Blade Advanced 15 with Windows 10 all...
  4. Netflix Apps Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix Apps Issue: When i launch netflix application at my laptop, it turns into blue screen and show a message that is "Page fault in nonpaged area" I m using sony vaio laptop and the model is SVE1513M1EW....
  5. Netflix App Freezing Windows 10 Issue - Please Help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix App Freezing Windows 10 Issue - Please Help: Netflix App freezing Custom Build Computer of AMD Sapphire Nitro+ Readon RX 580 8GB has happened twice - How can I fix this issue ?? Windows 10 Pro Edition Processor : AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz Installed Ram: 16 GB Memory: 500 GB NVME SSD Graphics...
  6. Windows 10 streaming issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 streaming issue: I use W10Pro and prior to W10 update at end of 2018 I was able to stream videos from my external drive connected to my PC to my smart TV, Sony OLED. After the update I can see all vids in one folder and none in the other. I called MS and they were not able to help. They...
  7. Netflix App Low Quality Streaming

Netflix App Low Quality Streaming: After upgrading to Win 10 my streaming quality is lousy in my NF app. I don't see any settings for this. Any help appreciated. 19185
  8. Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Windows Store Netflix App New Issue: I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value...
  9. BSOD While Streaming Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While Streaming Netflix: I just went full screen and then I got the BSOD. I tried restarting and unplugging the power cable after a shutdown. My drivers and Windows updates are up to date. My PC is experiencing heavy slow down since the crash. 71619
  10. Netflix video streaming to external screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netflix video streaming to external screen: Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to...