Windows 10: Netgear 7900 behind Powerline

Discus and support Netgear 7900 behind Powerline in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What speed are the powerline adapters ratted at they vary greatley on models are they on the same ring main and fuse as the router if it has to cross... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Samuria, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Samuria Win User

Netgear 7900 behind Powerline

What speed are the powerline adapters ratted at they vary greatley on models are they on the same ring main and fuse as the router if it has to cross ring mains that can slow it

:)

Samuria, Sep 15, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

NETGEAR Raises The Bar In Powerline Networking

NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced the NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender (XAUB2511). Using Powerline technology, the NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender combines the ability to turn any outlet into an Internet connection, with the ability to play your music in any room in the home with an outlet.

The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender enables you to stream music to speakers anywhere in the home from a smartphone, tablet (Apple iOS- and Android-supported) or Windows PC. Just choose music on your smartphone, tablet or Windows PC, select a remote speaker in your home connected to the NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender, and play it. For Macs and iOS devices, use the Airplay function to stream the music to your desired speaker. For PCs and Android devices, download an app for such capabilities.

Netgear 7900 behind Powerline 157a_thm.jpg

Any type of audio system is supported, from a brand new home theater system to an old stereo, which can be connected using RCA jack connectors.

As a unique feature for your Apple iPhone and Apple iPad, you can stream your favorite music from Pandora, Spotify or Deezer services to the remote speaker using the Airplay function.

The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender can also connect smart TVs, HD set-top boxes, gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, network DVRs, PCs or any other Ethernet-based device to the Internet via an Ethernet port (RJ45). In addition, the XAUB2511, through a NETGEAR "media extender app" downloaded to your PC, enables you to connect your Windows PC to remote USB devices located anywhere at home, be it a USB printer or USB hard drive.

The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender is the latest in a series of NETGEAR products that go beyond basic networking to enhance the multimedia experience for consumers worldwide.

The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender Difference
    • Stream music from your smartphone, tablet or Windows PC to a speaker anywhere at home
    • Enjoy music on existing Hi-Fi system's speakers, even for those that are not Internet-enabled
    • Works with iOS and Android smartphones or tablets
    • Turns any power outlet into an Internet connection
    • Includes a "pass-through" power outlet so other electrical devices can share the same outlet
    • Share a USB printer or USB hard drive on the home network.
    "Consumers want to remotely control and play their music anywhere in the home without being confined by distance or device," said Fred Guiot, senior product line manager, consumer products at NETGEAR. "By enabling users to connect and use existing speakers, NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender facilitates the 'play music anywhere' lifestyle we have come to expect. The Extender also turns any power outlet into a high-speed Internet connection, and can be used as a network connection for USB printers and USB hard drives on the home network –with minimal setup."

Easy to Install, Set Up and Use
    NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender is simple to install and set up. No configuration is necessary – just plug and play.

Pricing and Availability
    NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender will be available worldwide from major retailers and online starting in October 2012. The NETGEAR Powerline Music Extender Starter kit (XAUB2511) starts at $139/139€. The single pack XAU2511, ideal for those who already have

NETGEAR Powerline at home, is priced starting at $99/99€.

btarunr, Sep 15, 2020
  3. NETGEAR Raises The Bar In Powerline Networking

"Powerline 200"

HAHAHAHAHHA

Netgear lowering the bar again

But i do like the USB extender idea. Nice. Just get it on 500Mbps boyz!

Completely Bonkers, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Powerlines

That device is simply for using your house electrical wiring to extend your computer's connection to your Router, intended to make things easier than running Ethernet cable. The Internet exists from the Router out. There are possible issues with the wiring in the house in lowering your Network speed which is not the same as the Internet access speed. I'd plug a computer into the Router using an Ethernet cable to determine what your download speed is and if not getting somewhat close to what your are paying for contact your ISP.
    Powerline | Networking | Home | NETGEAR

Berton, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Netgear 7900 behind Powerline - Similar Threads - Netgear 7900 behind

2. netgear mr6500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netgear mr6500: my mr6500 is sim operated. i dont have a home network or any type of wired internt.there are 3 options on my router one being wifi offload. since all i have is a data plan for the router howcome i can use wifi offloading without entering any type of password? whose wifi am i...
  3. netgear mr6500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netgear mr6500: my mr6500 is sim operated. i dont have a home network or any type of wired internt.there are 3 options on my router one being wifi offload. since all i have is a data plan for the router howcome i can use wifi offloading without entering any type of password? whose wifi am i...
  4. Powerline Adapters for 2 Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powerline Adapters for 2 Computers: I own a pair of powerline adapters by ZyXel model PLA4201v2. They are an old model, so they are not manufactured or sold anymore. My sister needs to have another powerline adapter in her room to get ethernet to her laptop, as the wireless signal is not very strong in her...
  5. Devolo powerline keeps dropping

Devolo powerline keeps dropping: Hi, I have a pair of devolo dlan 1200 powerline adpaters (one plugged into router, one in kitchen). working fine for a couple of years, but the kitchen one keeps dropping out. cockpit app doesn't show it, until i pull it out and plug it back and manually add it to cockpit...
  6. Netgear Firmware Warning

Netgear Firmware Warning: I recently updated by Netgear firmware with the newest release. In my case V1.0.2.130 for an R8500 Nighthawk. Immediately I started having Internet issues using my iOS devices on the Guest networks (2.4 or 5.0). I've been doing a lot of testing and also found my Android...
  7. Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending

Using powerlines for Wi-fi extending: I am looking at TP-Link TL-WPA8730KIT, but need another extender, d-link tell me I can use ANY extender, does this mean the Wi-fi strength and protocol (801-ac) resides only in the sender unit and it doesn’t matter which extender you use the Wi-fi will be as strong as the...
  8. Netgear Readyshare

Netgear Readyshare: I was having a problem keeping a wireless connection to the \\readyshare on a desktop that originally had a direct connection. I deleted the HDD from the router so I could start from scratch and now I can't connect to \\readyshare with any of my computers including my laptop...
  9. Powerlines

Powerlines: I use a powerline AV500 by Netgear, I get 16mb and 9mb from my internet connection. I'm paying for 100mb down and 10mb up. When I use my WiFi I get 25mb and 9 mb from the same connection. What should I do to maximize what I get from my Internet connection? 26339
  10. Multiple monitors one a Radeon 7900

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple monitors one a Radeon 7900: hello My GFX card has , what 2 Display Ports, 2 DVI, and an HDMI. I currently have 1 usb monitor, 1 hdmi and one dvi monitors connected but for whatever reason windows refuses to work with, I.E. show in display settings when I connect 2 DVI monitors and my HDMI, if i...