Windows 10: Netgear Readyshare

Discus and support Netgear Readyshare in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was having a problem keeping a wireless connection to the \\readyshare on a desktop that originally had a direct connection. I deleted the HDD from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Winuser, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Winuser Win User

Netgear Readyshare

I was having a problem keeping a wireless connection to the \\readyshare on a desktop that originally had a direct connection. I deleted the HDD from the router so I could start from scratch and now I can't connect to \\readyshare with any of my computers including my laptop that never had a problem. I have check all the settings that are suggested on other post on this forum. File Sharing is set, SMB 1.0 is turned on and the 2 Funtion Sharings are set to Auto. I can access the router in file explorer. Every time I try connecting I get the error that \\readyshare can't be found. Is there another setting I can try or is the problem with my router? This has been a bad week for me. The other day my main desktop died and I'm trying to setup my old desktop which is how I found out that \\readyshare can't be accessed.

:)

Winuser, Sep 25, 2018
  2. dsa44 Win User

Windows 10, ReadyShare and KB3199986

Hello,
    Since an automatic update to Windows 10 with KB3199986, I am unable to see my attached Readyshare device which is attached to the usb port of my Netgear Wifi. IT WORKED BEFORE, and is view-able on other non windows10 devices. The Netgear forum indicated an issue with the KB3199986 and when uninstalled, Readyshare worked again. However, I am unable to uninstall this update!! As you can see on the attached image, when I check the update, the "uninstall" button is not there! When I choose another update, the uninstall button appears again. Weird, right?
    Can I uninstall the KB3199986 somehow?
    Thanks and happy holidays.

dsa44, Sep 25, 2018
  3. netgear router ,keeps needing reseting

huggles is correct. There is a lot of legacy buggy kernel knocking around. Perhaps a list of RELIABALE hardware/firmwares combineations would be helpful. Let me start it off:

I can vouch 100% for our "A list".

A1./ Netgear Pro Safe FVL328
    A2./ Netgear AP WG302 Version 1
    A3./ Netgear AP WAG102

I can guarantee the following devices will give you problems:

C1./ Netgear WAG302
    C2./ FWG114P
    C3./ FVS114G

Avoid the C list like the plague.

The A list will give you 100% uptime.

lemonadesoda, Sep 25, 2018
  4. EviLZeD Win User

Netgear Readyshare

EviLZeD, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Netgear Readyshare

1. Netgear Readyshare - Similar Threads - Netgear Readyshare

2. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  3. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...: I just purchased this Nighthwak AXE3000 wifi usb adapter with usb 3.0 adaptability.The adapter works when plugged in to usb 2,0 and 3.0. It DOES NOT work when the extension cord is used via 3.0. The adapater on the extension cord, just becomes unrecognizable due to supposed...
  4. Nighthawk Netgear USB wifi adapter works, BUT the extension cord malfunctions and isn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. netgear mr6500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netgear mr6500: my mr6500 is sim operated. i dont have a home network or any type of wired internt.there are 3 options on my router one being wifi offload. since all i have is a data plan for the router howcome i can use wifi offloading without entering any type of password? whose wifi am i...
  6. netgear mr6500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netgear mr6500: my mr6500 is sim operated. i dont have a home network or any type of wired internt.there are 3 options on my router one being wifi offload. since all i have is a data plan for the router howcome i can use wifi offloading without entering any type of password? whose wifi am i...
  7. Netgear ReadyNAS not accessible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netgear ReadyNAS not accessible in Windows 11: I have a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 6 and my Windows 11 machine cannot access it. Nor can my Windows 10 PC. Keep getting a data is not accessible check your network settings error. Troubleshooter is no help. RAIDar which is the software programme can see the NAS, and knows its...
  8. Netgear R7000 Readyshare Vault -- email notification error from Gmail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netgear R7000 Readyshare Vault -- email notification error from Gmail.: I have been using R7000 backup to vault for over a year and have never been able to get verifications of backups through Gmail. I tested "test email notification" First message: "Failed to send email notification. Details: Unexpected MAIL FROM response, last Response; 530...
  9. Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy .mkv files to Netgear Readyshare usb drive: Hi All, I am facing one weird issue with Windows 10 Home O.S i.e whenever I try to copy .MKV file from my local drive to network drive(Netgear Readyshare USB) over wifi network getting error message as "Can not copy to Destination folder. Please verify path //readyshare",...
  10. ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReadyShare Netgear USB, not connecting to pc when installed to the pc's USB port.: I have been using ReadyShare with a Netgear R6300v2 Router. I originally just used a cheap flash drive to test this function. File transfer across Wi-Fi is SLOOOOW, so I tried to use the flash drive Connected directly to my Windows 10 USB port. but it wont connect it says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netgear readyshare windows 10

2. ready share vault email notification

3. cant see readyshare in windows 10