Windows 10: NETIO.SYS causing BSoD in Win10 (1809)

Discus and support NETIO.SYS causing BSoD in Win10 (1809) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I have a VPN client and when I use it I get a BSoD telling me the NETIO.SYS file failed. Through a process of elimination I think I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PLBinMTL, Jun 1, 2019.

1. PLBinMTL Win User

NETIO.SYS causing BSoD in Win10 (1809)

Hello.

I have a VPN client and when I use it I get a BSoD telling me the NETIO.SYS file failed. Through a process

of elimination I think I have found the possible culprit(s), Windows updates from May 14th 2019 (the usual

monthly Tuesday update roll-outs). Has anyone else had a problem with BSoD caused by this particular file?

Below are the steps I have made to try and resolve this problem.

Blue Screen of Death error

The problem started around May 20, 2019

What keeps failing: NETIO.SYS

BSoD messages so far:

1) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

1) 0x00000000C0000005

0xFFFFF8024B96A58B

0xFFFFC1097960BCB0

0x00000000C0000005

2) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What I’ve tried, in the following order:a) Windows update

b) System File Checker scan

c) Uninstalled Windscribe client (then re-installed it)

d) Updated Realtek PCIe drivers

e) Uninstalled Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (May 2019)

f) Uninstalled Microsoft Windows Updates (May 2019) (KB4495590 & KB4497934)

Note: The KB4499405 update for .NET Framework is inside the KB4495590 update

g) Turned off Windows Update services (as of May 31, 2019)

Well that's it! I'd appreciate any feedback on this NETIO.SYS file causing conflicts with

VPNs, or any other network glitches. I don't know as of yet if my system is BSoD-free,

but in any case, I can't keep the Windows Updating Services turned off for ever. I've also

reached out to my VPN's CSR to see if they have any ideas. In your response please keep

in mind that I'm a PC network layman, albeit a curious PC network layman.

Thanks, and have a great day!

PLBinMTL

:)

PLBinMTL, Jun 1, 2019
  2. ConiGL Win User

BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller Win10 on Dell Inspiron

Here is some info that may help. May be your network driver. One of the posts suggest a program that will give more info on what crashed. Hope this helps you.

BSOD caused by ndis.sys, NETIO.SYS and ntoskrnl.exe

ConiGL, Jun 1, 2019
  3. wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Documents

interestingkid005140, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Kyouka` Win User

BLUE SCREEN CRASH : SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Netio. sys

can someone help me ?

i got an blue screen crash when i do some browsing and when i playing a game

as the subject say the blue screen says the error cause is SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Netio. sys

and i dont know how to fix this and thats why maybe if someone who know or already encountered this problem and fix it can tell me how to fix this

my laptop type are ASUS ROG G501VW-FY173T

Kyouka`, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. NETIO.SYS causing BSoD in Win10 (1809) - Similar Threads - NETIO SYS causing

2. BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?: Hey,I have got a bsod and a memory dump. Upon analyzing the memory.dmp file with windbg, I see:~~snippet from windbg ~~BUGCHECK_CODE: d1 BUGCHECK_P1: 8 BUGCHECK_P2: 2 BUGCHECK_P3: 0 BUGCHECK_P4: fffff80617aac4e4 FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMP DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x1800...
  3. BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?: Hey,I have got a bsod and a memory dump. Upon analyzing the memory.dmp file with windbg, I see:~~snippet from windbg ~~BUGCHECK_CODE: d1 BUGCHECK_P1: 8 BUGCHECK_P2: 2 BUGCHECK_P3: 0 BUGCHECK_P4: fffff80617aac4e4 FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMP DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x1800...
  4. BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys

BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys: Greetings, fellow Windows users!Yesterday, my computer had its BSOD while I'm using Adobe Premiere which was apparently caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys.Here is a link to the dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmT-xQXftxFWgiKU88vH7tRulzda?e=33kqdQThanks for any further help...
  5. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  6. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  7. How to stop blue screen netio sys errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop blue screen netio sys errors: how do you stop blue screen errors namely netio sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-netio-sys-errors/e49a01ce-e85b-473a-83a5-bc6993532637
  8. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  9. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  10. BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys

BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys: My laptop crashed with STOP code DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, stating that QCamain10x64.sys had failed, which according to Google, is the driver of my laptop's wireless adapter. Just to make sure before attempting to reinstall the driver via device manager, I saw this wiki...
Tags: