Windows 10: Netlogin

Discus and support Netlogin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi...does anyone know how to fix a netlogin that won't stay on. The minute I press start it says it started then stopped.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SoniaLab, Mar 4, 2020.

1. SoniaLab Win User

Netlogin

Hi...does anyone know how to fix a netlogin that won't stay on. The minute I press start it says it started then stopped.

:)

SoniaLab, Mar 4, 2020
  2. locus2465 Win User

Azure Storage disables local network drives

So when i tried that I got a message that the netlogin service was not running.

So i investigated. Netlogin, and Workstation are not running and wont start citing dependencies. Cannot see how the Azure script managed to mess those up.

So those two not running will explain the lack of network browsing.

locus2465, Mar 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Why Share Folder will become small capital letter ?

Hi leongmun

This is a well reported problem for many years and there is no way to change this behavior.

In the network view, Windows for some reason uses proper case to display locations. Recognized words will have the first character capitalized and un-recognised words will have all lowercase characters. For example netlogin and sysvol will be lowercase . .

I don't know why Microsoft decided on Proper Case, because at a base level, folder and directory names in Windows are case-insensitive . . .

DaveM121, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Netlogin