Windows 10: netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected?

Discus and support netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i had an odd issue crop up a few days back, I got one of those administrator prompts that said "An administrator blocked you from running this app,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by klepp0906, Apr 10, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected?

So i had an odd issue crop up a few days back, I got one of those administrator prompts that said "An administrator blocked you from running this app, please contact blah blah"

It was odd as I have had the app installed for quite some time, and more importantly, I have defender real time scan off, and disabled UAC (as best you can via the slider) and turned off smartscreen. No other antivirus installed.

Now if i select run-as-admin, i wont get the prompt - but i should already be admin by default so I was confused as to what was going on and why. I wanted to dig deeper as I heard people talk about "user profile corruption" and thats VERY scary business considering how important this windows install is.

So i pulled up netplwiz and the first thing i noticed is my two other pc's both have my account set as admin. Thats it. Done.

My offender shows

netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected? [​IMG]

and instead of the admin circle being filled in

is this par for the course when multiple groups are assigned to a user? Administrators is in there as you can see in the first image, and assuming no hierarchy exists, perhaps im off-base/barking up the wrong tree?

So in short, do these look normal?

---------------------------------------------------------

Finally, as a bonus question (since i found this while digging)

my other pc's do not have ASPNET, DevToolsUser, or sshd.

removing these are easy enough, i'm just concerned what theyre tied to. If anyone knows with 100% certainty it would be helpful. I dont want to remove them and break git, or visualstudio etc. I surmise ASPNET was from when i enabled ASP.NET 4.8 in windows features but even that I cant be sure so I dont want to remove it without knowing. I imagine adding these guys back properly is a lot harder than deleting them coming from a place of pure ignorance regarding their origin.

:)

klepp0906, Apr 10, 2020

2. Netplwiz

Hello GregJohnson6,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Please follow these steps:

1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left corner of the desktop. Then click on “netplwiz” on the pop-up menu.

2. In User Accounts dialog box, check the box next to 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'. Then click OK button.

3. Restart your PC then you can log in using a password.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Apr 10, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ

It should only be listed in netplwiz if it is active. In a command prompt, type net users to get a list of all user accounts (active or not). Type net user guest to see full details for that one account, including whether the system thinks it's active.

4. netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected?

Windows 10 defaultuser0

I found the defaultuser0() folder unders the users folder. So I tried to delete it by opening the control panel->user account, but default user0 was not listed in it (But it was showing in cmd-> net user), so I opened netplwiz->advacned and in it, under
    Advanced user management; I clicked on advanced which opened up lusrmgr.

In lusrmgr, under the users list I've deleted the defaultuser0 profile, and then when I checked in the C:\Users folder the defaultuser0 folder was still present. So I shift+deleted the folder, and now my question is will it create any new problems to my
    system ?

After deleting the profile in lusrmgr I also checked the net user command which only showed my account.

Siva DattaBathina, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected?

1. netplwiz/lusrmgr is this normal/expected? - Similar Threads - netplwiz lusrmgr normal

2. netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netplwiz: I just got netplwiz to show the checkbox.I get that Microsoft wants to take a security first standpoint, and that is great.It's just that you hide some things now that I have to hunt for them.For instance, after a clean install on Windows 10 not 11 on this because, of course,...
  3. netplwiz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netplwiz: I just got netplwiz to show the checkbox.I get that Microsoft wants to take a security first standpoint, and that is great.It's just that you hide some things now that I have to hunt for them.For instance, after a clean install on Windows 10 not 11 on this because, of course,...
  4. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz: Hi,I am trying to add other user but it starts lusrmgrlusrmgr photo : https://i.imgur.com/cM5gJfv.jpegSo I tried to go through this solution :...
  5. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz: Hi,I am trying to add other user but it starts lusrmgrlusrmgr photo : https://i.imgur.com/cM5gJfv.jpegSo I tried to go through this solution :...
  6. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr, but I can't use netplwiz

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Missing lusrmgr

Missing lusrmgr: [ATTACH]I cant download xbox games to my pc bc of error 0x00000001 error. Also i cant download gaming services from store. My account seems administrator but i cant see it on lusrmgr. I tried to add from mmc.exe but sytem doesnt let me do it as you can see. How can I solve...
  8. netplwiz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    netplwiz: I did thye procedure with unchecking password but when starting system still ask for passwords to login? Thank you TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/4f1f6642-148b-4dc9-94c7-f03183f6b50f
  9. netplwiz

netplwiz: after changing name of user using netplwiz then we cannot open any app(setting,cotena,etc).show error that u are not link your current path setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/5316bfe3-2809-46a3-b0cc-11fc42fa67f7
  10. Netplwiz

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Netplwiz: I used Netplwiz to eliminate password log in. How do I reverse this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netplwiz/fbf7f3e6-a080-4b2c-bc6c-07069e9760d0