Windows 10: netplwiz not working

Discus and support netplwiz not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried all the solutions the internet had to offer to disable your password. Especially using netplwiz. It worked for a while, and I guess it doesn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cerberus-, Dec 5, 2019.

1. cerberus- Win User

netplwiz not working

I tried all the solutions the internet had to offer to disable your password. Especially using netplwiz. It worked for a while, and I guess it doesn't work anymore. Help!

:)

cerberus-, Dec 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ

It should only be listed in netplwiz if it is active. In a command prompt, type net users to get a list of all user accounts (active or not). Type net user guest to see full details for that one account, including whether the system thinks it's active.

Bree, Dec 5, 2019
  4. netplwiz not working

Netplwiz

Hello GregJohnson6,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Please follow these steps:

1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left corner of the desktop. Then click on “netplwiz” on the pop-up menu.

2. In User Accounts dialog box, check the box next to 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'. Then click OK button.

3. Restart your PC then you can log in using a password.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

netplwiz not working

1. netplwiz not working - Similar Threads - netplwiz working

2. I changed my user name through netplwiz in win 11. Now none of the apps work and no users...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my user name through netplwiz in win 11. Now none of the apps work and no users...: I changed my user name through netplwiz in win 11. Now none of the apps work and no users are showed in netplwiz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-user-name-through-netplwiz-in-win-11/9010151f-86c6-4879-bf89-69b3c4185041
  3. I changed my user name through netplwiz in win 11. Now none of the apps work and no users...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my user name through netplwiz in win 11. Now none of the apps work and no users...: I changed my user name through netplwiz in win 11. Now none of the apps work and no users are showed in netplwiz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-user-name-through-netplwiz-in-win-11/9010151f-86c6-4879-bf89-69b3c4185041
  4. I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working.: I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working. Hello, I'm asking for help, I just tried all the methods that I found. I saw a lot of questions on the principle of no checkbox or something else, but I have another problem Netplwiz just does not open, I enter commands...
  5. I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working.: I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working. Hello, I'm asking for help, I just tried all the methods that I found. I saw a lot of questions on the principle of no checkbox or something else, but I have another problem Netplwiz just does not open, I enter commands...
  6. I can't change my password. Netplwiz is not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. netplwiz doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    netplwiz doesn't work: Try to eliminate the sign in on window 10. But unchecking "users must enter name and password to use this computer" doesn't work in netplwiz for me. Can you help?"Nash"...
  8. I used netplwiz to try and change the user name and now nothing on my PC works. Should I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I used netplwiz to try and change the user name and now nothing on my PC works. Should I...: Hi, Today I got an Acer Aspire R3 and set it up. But later, I realized that my user name was spelled wrong so I tried to change it using a method in a video. And in that method, you use netplwiz to change it. Now my PC doesn't work. I started to reset my PC. It's at 43%...
  9. Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Login via netplwiz Not Working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuxify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8lany/disabling_login_via_netplwiz_not_working/
  10. netplwiz with local id acct initially setup worked but now with microsoft id acct is...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    netplwiz with local id acct initially setup worked but now with microsoft id acct is...: My elderly mother-in-law's PC was initially set up with a local id account. And, a couple of years ago, I setup netplwiz to allow automatic login without having to enter the password each time. This worked fine. Now it is set up with a Microsoft id account. I'm not sure how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. netplwiz no

2. netplwiz does not list all user accounts