Windows 10: netplwiz, touchpad

Discus and support netplwiz, touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to get rid of the login password and managed to write the password in incorrect into netplwiz and it does not let me back into it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Horváth Márton, Mar 23, 2020.

1. netplwiz, touchpad

Hello,

I tried to get rid of the login password and managed to write the password in incorrect into netplwiz and it does not let me back into it anymore and I can't reset factory settings either. And I also have un unrelated problem but it was not caused by me as far as I'm concerned. The laptop does not recognize the touchpad at all. Since booting windows it does not work.

Thanks for your responce in advance.

:)

Horváth Márton, Mar 23, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 23, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Mar 23, 2020
  4. netplwiz, touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

netplwiz, touchpad

1. netplwiz, touchpad - Similar Threads - netplwiz touchpad

2. Username Change with netplwiz and now it shows password is wrong, what do I do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username Change with netplwiz and now it shows password is wrong, what do I do?: I tried enabling the administrator in the command prompt but it doesn't show up in the login pageI also tried safe mode but still nothing on login pagePlease help :...
  3. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  4. Account gone from netplwiz user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account gone from netplwiz user: I changed my name in netplwiz and my acc in the list is gone and I'm stuck at the password input display. I can't log in after I enter the password. If I press reset password it will say "This feature requires removable media, such as a USB flash drive. Please connect a USB...
  5. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  6. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  7. I was locked out of admin after using netplwiz

I was locked out of admin after using netplwiz: I was administrator on a school laptop and used netplwiz to change myself into device manager. I was then sent to my lock screen and put in my password. I then discover that everything is blocked, including cmd, regedit, gpedit.msc and netplwiz. A friend of mine also did this...
  8. I was locked out of admin after using netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was locked out of admin after using netplwiz: I was administrator on a school laptop and used netplwiz to change myself into device manager. I was then sent to my lock screen and put in my password. I then discover that everything is blocked, including cmd, regedit, gpedit.msc and netplwiz. A friend of mine also did this...
  9. I deleted my Admininstator Account by mistake NETPLWIZ Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my Admininstator Account by mistake NETPLWIZ Windows 11: I recently found out that I could see who has access to my computer by running NETPLWIZ, I also saw that my name was misspelled so I renamed my admin account. After doing that, I COULDN'T OPEN ANYTHING, so I tried renaming by to what it originally was, then it DELETED itself....
  10. I deleted my Admininstator Account by mistake NETPLWIZ Windows 11

I deleted my Admininstator Account by mistake NETPLWIZ Windows 11: I recently found out that I could see who has access to my computer by running NETPLWIZ, I also saw that my name was misspelled so I renamed my admin account. After doing that, I COULDN'T OPEN ANYTHING, so I tried renaming by to what it originally was, then it DELETED itself....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netplwiz not working windows 10