Windows 10: NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop

Discus and support NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know this is an ongoing issue with Windows and never seems to get a resolution, but i will try again. On my server running Windows Server 2016... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul JT, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Paul JT Win User

NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop

I know this is an ongoing issue with Windows and never seems to get a resolution, but i will try again. On my server running Windows Server 2016 NetproFM will go in to a "stopping" state and never recover. I also cannot stop it by PID, as I get an access denied reply. I have several VM running via Hyper V and they all have the same issue. If i restart the VM's the issue goes away.

With the December Windows updates and updating my .NetFramework to 4.8 I had the issue fixed, however the Jan 14 Security updates have brought about these issues once again on half of my machines. I have been to every forum and tried every "fix" I could find on the internet and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

:)

Paul JT, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 12, 2020
  4. NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop

Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop

1. NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop - Similar Threads - NetproFM stuck stopping

2. How to stop Windows stuck in loop of updating and restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows stuck in loop of updating and restarting?: My laptop was having start up issues so I ran the troubleshoot option displayed, however it is now stuck in a constant loop of installing updates and restarting. Its been like this for a few hours.Each loop takes about 20 seconds. It states 'Updates are underway, please keep...
  3. How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop: I am trying to Reset my computer but there is this message that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered a unexpected error. windows installation cannot proceed. to install Windows click ok To restart the computer and then restart the installation" and it...
  4. How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Stop a Surface Pro 4 Stuck in a Loop: I am trying to Reset my computer but there is this message that says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered a unexpected error. windows installation cannot proceed. to install Windows click ok To restart the computer and then restart the installation" and it...
  5. Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a loop: one day I tried opening my computer up and it showed me the choose your keyboard layout screen and when I press us it shows choose and option when I press troubleshoot I see factory image restore and advanced options. In advanced options I’ve tried startup repair, system...
  6. Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a loop: one day I tried opening my computer up and it showed me the choose your keyboard layout screen and when I press us it shows choose and option when I press troubleshoot I see factory image restore and advanced options. In advanced options I’ve tried startup repair, system...
  7. stuck on a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck on a loop: Hello, I have a problem here with Windows 10 installation. When I installed it and updates started loading automatically the cumulative update preview thing started as a first update and whole comp got frozen. After that I decided to reinstall from cloud as an option, and now...
  8. Stuck in loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in loop: I'm stuck in a automatic repair loop. It appeared right after I got a error about something with memory. I've tried everything it just loops. What can I do? submitted by /u/magjak1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2sgyo/stuck_in_loop/
  9. Stuck in a loop

Stuck in a loop: i cant properly boot into windows without getting into the diagnostic tool thingy and only way to boot into windows is if i manually click on the ssd, so what im wondering is can i fix this or should i just get a new key and format all my drives submitted by /u/proeramaaz...
  10. Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart

Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart: Hi All, Whenever I restart my system Network List Service (netprofm) is getting disabled and stopped. Everytime I had to manually start it to get the network connectivity. Is it some kind of bug in Windows 10? submitted by /u/karthik623521 [link] [comments]...