Windows 10: Netscape Navigator

Discus and support Netscape Navigator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a slight problem with te use of netscape navigator. I used it for 3 decades i think but at around 2016 I had much trubble with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Owen Stel, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Owen Stel Win User

Netscape Navigator

Hello everyone I have a slight problem with te use of netscape navigator. I used it for 3 decades i think but at around 2016 I had much trubble with the use of that internet browser. i am not stupid I know that aoi doesnt support the browser anymore.

but my question is If there is anything I can do to stil use this browser in any form? Or is it better to let a childhood memory for what it is and move on?

:)

Owen Stel, Oct 19, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Netscape Navigator 9.0 Final Released

Netscape is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Netscape Navigator 9.0. Based on the latest Mozilla technologies, this release of Netscape Navigator includes variety of new features published in the release notes. You can get the 9.0 version for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X from the downloads page.

Source: Netscape

malware, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Netscape Navigator to Officially Die Next Week

While most of us hardly even thought that Netscape was still seeing regular updates and security patches, AOL was making sure that exactly that was happening. Apparently, that's all going to stop next week, as AOL is hunting for ways to cut costs around the house. Neowin published a nice eulogy for the classic web browser all too many of us with dial-up grew to know all too well...
    Netscape accounts for less than 1% of internet users now. Anyone known using Netscape has been sent an E-mail from the Netscape development team, urging an immediate switch to Firefox or Flock browsers.

Source: Neowin.net

zekrahminator, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Netscape Navigator

Netscape still going

Although the Netscape name has now all but disappeared from most people’s computers, the company (now owned by AOL) has just released version 9 of the once-loved Netscape Navigator. It’s still a beta version at the moment, but the list of new features include a refreshed user interface, URL correction, a news menu and sidebar, in-browser voting, a sidebar mini-browser and compatibility with Firefox 2.0 extensions. Of course features like tabbed browsing and RSS feeds are a standard characteristic of modern browsers nowadays, so Netscape is no exception. If you’re getting a little bored of your current browser or want to give Netscape another chance, you can download it from here. The complete list of new features can be read here. It’s worth remembering that Netscape and Firefox are both based on the same architecture (which is why they can share extensions), so if there are any niggling issues for you with Firefox, Netscape might be worth a try.

Source: Netscape

Jimmy 2004, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Netscape Navigator

1. Netscape Navigator - Similar Threads - Netscape Navigator

2. Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restored favorites link in file explorer navigation pane missing dropdown arrow Windows 10,...: I've restored the favorites link in the file explorer navigation pane in Windows 10 with a registry tweak, however there is no arrow or dropdown menu effectively making it useless. I've done so much searching on how to fix this issue but it seems nobody else has ever come...
  3. How to hide the navigation pane in the file dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide the navigation pane in the file dialog: How to hide navigation pane in file open/save/save as dialog File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-the-navigation-pane-in-the-file-dialog/8a8f7cee-1138-46c9-8d21-4b6227fa9bf0
  4. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  5. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  6. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  8. Is there currently a free program that I can use to edit my old Netscape Composer web pages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there currently a free program that I can use to edit my old Netscape Composer web pages?: For many years, I used Netscape Composer to build/edit my website. Is there currently a free program that is compatible, so that I can edit my web pages done with Netscape Composer? Also, I already have a web hosting service that I want to continue using. Thanks!...
  9. Is there currently a free program that I can use to edit my old Netscape Composer web pages?

Is there currently a free program that I can use to edit my old Netscape Composer web pages?: For many years, I used Netscape Composer to build/edit my website. Is there currently a free program that is compatible, so that I can edit my web pages done with Netscape Composer? Also, I already have a web hosting service that I want to continue using. Thanks!...
  10. Netscape Navigator In My Registry?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Netscape Navigator In My Registry?: So, My PC got a virus and I was looking through my registry for any suspicious entries... Yes, I found a couple, But one was "Netscape Navigator" which I thought was dead. Why is this on my PC? My PC is on Window 10 so there should be no registry entries from 2008....