Windows 10: Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global

Discus and support Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does Microsoft advanced firewall support a NETSH command to set ttl/hop count not global ttl but packet header ttl for a packet as it leaves the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jim Rounsville, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global

Does Microsoft advanced firewall support a NETSH command to set ttl/hop count not global ttl but packet header ttl for a packet as it leaves the server?

Linux iptables mangle rules can be used to set the following values:
    ttl, tos, mtu, tcpmss, mark, secmark, connsecmark
    I'm looking for a Windows firewall set value command that could do the same.

Example of rule:

add rule name="Allow TCP 12345 and 5000-5020 and limit ttl to 4" dir=out action=allow edge=yes remoteip=any protocol=TCP localport=12345, 5000-5020 ttl=4

:)

Jim Rounsville, Dec 1, 2020

2. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address.

example:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8 connectport=9000 protocol=tcp

But I want to create firewall rule which will route traffic coming from one user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and route it to the IP address already bounded to that user not to just random IP address. Means I want to insert userid somehwere in this command
    to get the traffic for that specific id.

expection command should look like below:

netsh interface (userid) portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=ip connectport=9000 protocol=tcp

VishakhaBansal, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Know about parameters of Netsh int ip set global command

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you want to know more about the parameters loopbackexecutionmode and reassemblyoutoforderlimit used in netsh int ip set global command, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the commands.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global

Know about parameters of Netsh int ip set global command

What is loopbackexecutionmode and reassemblyoutoforderlimit in the
    netsh int ip set global ?

What difference between inline and adaptive loopbackexecutionmode?

What were the default values in previous versions of Windows?

***Modified title from: new ip settings quaestion***

Plasmic_Snake, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global

1. Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global - Similar Threads - Netsh Advanced Firewall

2. Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall allowing all ports and protocols: Hello.I have a question.If I add a rule for Port Protocol UDP and I allow all of them. Then I add a rule for Port Protocol TCP and I allow all of them.Means that I've actually disabled the Firewall?Do these rules override all the others?If so then to me it seams a security...
  3. Protocols and ports

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protocols and ports: I have been getting the notorious “error code 1132” on zoom. One solution is to change the protocols and ports. But when I go to do that the options are greyed out. I am on the admin acc as this is my personal pc, so how do I fix this? Resetting my computer is not an option,...
  4. NETSH command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NETSH command: Playing around with the command as a utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Running this command gives a bunch of great info but I would like to have it save the html file to a specific path. Can't find info on doing that . Does anyone know ? netsh wlan show...
  5. Netsh WLAN command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netsh WLAN command: I just discovered the NETSH utility. Ran netsh wlan show all on my new desktop PC to see which router wifi channels are being used by other visible networks in my neighborhood. To my astonishment it listed every wifi network profile at least 100, mostly hotels I have...
  6. Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?

Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?: I wrote program for Socket Sever & Client . It was two IP communicate problem. But I can use command "ping 172.18.78.54" & "ping 172.18.78.60" Both was fine in ping through. But the port for each other was not communicate? I use "netstat -a" and found that no port can...
  7. Know about parameters of Netsh int ip set global command

Know about parameters of Netsh int ip set global command: What is loopbackexecutionmode and reassemblyoutoforderlimit in the netsh int ip set global ? What difference between inline and adaptive loopbackexecutionmode? What were the default values in previous versions of Windows? ***Modified title from: new ip settings...
  8. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  9. Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command

Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  10. Protocol numbers? -- setting in Windows Firewall -- What are they?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protocol numbers? -- setting in Windows Firewall -- What are they?: In Windows Firewall 'Outbound Rules', 'Thunderbird Properties', _/Protocols and Ports\_, 'Protocol type: [Custom]' & 'Protocol number: [?]': What are the Protocol numbers for SMTP & POP? for SMTPv2? for SMTPv3? for POP3? (...Actually, I didn't know there was such a thing as...