Windows 10: netsh int ip reset gives "access denied"

Discus and support netsh int ip reset gives "access denied" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; W10 guest running on Fedora 23 in Virtualbox. Ok, I did something stupid. I deleted the Winsock entries in my registry without saving them first.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tcamuso, Jan 25, 2016.

1. tcamuso Win User

netsh int ip reset gives "access denied"

W10 guest running on Fedora 23 in Virtualbox.

Ok, I did something stupid. I deleted the Winsock entries in my registry without saving them first.
    Yes, cynical laughter is appropriate.

However, after doing some frantic research, I found the following to restore things.

Running powershell as administrator ...
    netsh winsock reset catalog

That command returned no errors, and the Winsock and Winsock2 entries reappeared in my registry.

Then ...
    netsh int ipv4 reset
    Resetting interface, OK!
    Resetting Unicast Address, OK!
    Resetting Neighbor, OK!
    Resetting Path, OK!
    Resetting , failed.
    Access is denied.

Resetting , OK!
    Restart the computer to complete this action

This last command, however, returned an "access denied" error.
    The last two "Resetting" lines look as though there is an attempt to reset nothing, because there is a blank in front of the comma.

Needless to say, restarting the guest did not solve the problem, which is that I have no connectivity. I tried deleting the network device in device manager and rescanning, then deleting the net device and restarting, but that didn't help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

tcamuso, Jan 25, 2016

2. "media disconnected" error message on Windows 10.

Help me!

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ip reset reset.log

Resetting , failed.

Access is denied.

There's no user specified settings to be reset.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

AdamCarverWin10, Jan 25, 2016
  3. How to solve timed out request in windows 10? Step by Step

I'm having problems with IE running. I run tracert and it gives me timed out request. I run ipconfig /flushdns, then netsh int ip reset, it gives me the following; resetting interface, ok, resetting neighbor, ok, resetting path, ok, resetting, failed, access
    is denied.

So, why am I have these problems resetting ip?

What else do I need to do to correct the timed out request issue?

Thank you.

123Aaron L. Hollingsworth, Jan 25, 2016
  4. garyb0125 Win User

Watch this video....

garyb0125, Jan 25, 2016
  5. tcamuso Win User
    Many thanks for the help!

Following the steps in the video, I was able to "netsh int ip reset" with no errors, but I still get the following message when I try to connect the device named "Ethernet".

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not Fixed X

I'm on the verge of resetting the machine.

tcamuso, Jan 25, 2016
  6. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This video covers the same procedure, but he says not to worry about the error message from netsh:How to reset the TCPIP stack in Windows 10 - YouTube----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This link shows you how to reload your winsock registry entries:Network Protocols Missing - Windows 10 Forums----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE FORUM KEEPS DELETING THE NEWLINE CHARACTERS IN MY POST! I'VE TRIED FIXING IT SEVERAL TIME!--------------------------------------------------------------

BobsYourUncle, Jan 27, 2016
  7. Jsoya Win User
    I have had this access denied message on 2 computers. One had avast antivirus and after uninstalling avast I was able to reset top/ip stack with netsh command. The second computer had Windows defender . On that one, I ran:
    1. Netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt. Received resetting failed.
    2. Netsh windsock reset Successful
    3. Netsh Int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt Resetting failed, access is denied
    4. Netsh Int ip4 reset Resetting failed access is denied. There is no adapter to reset
    5. Ipconfig /all adapter had 169.254.44.34. Address
    6. Ipconfig /release all Operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation
    7. Ipconfig /renew adapter received valid address!

Jsoya, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. netsh int ip reset gives "access denied" - Similar Threads - netsh int reset

2. Getting access denied for netsh whenever windows boots up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting access denied for netsh whenever windows boots up: Hi,Whenever i boot my windows up, i get this error: Although there is nothing that is not properly. And I am not using a proxy server either. Is there anything I can do to fix it?I have tried doing netsh commands to reset proxy while running with administrator privileges....
  3. Getting access denied for netsh whenever windows boots up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting access denied for netsh whenever windows boots up: Hi,Whenever i boot my windows up, i get this error: Although there is nothing that is not properly. And I am not using a proxy server either. Is there anything I can do to fix it?I have tried doing netsh commands to reset proxy while running with administrator privileges....
  4. Is using the command "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is using the command "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" safe?: Right now I'm having a problem with an application where it doesn't work, some people said a solution is to run the "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" command, never heard of it, so I'm asking it here if running it has any side effects. Thank you....
  5. Is using the command "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is using the command "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" safe?: Right now I'm having a problem with an application where it doesn't work, some people said a solution is to run the "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" command, never heard of it, so I'm asking it here if running it has any side effects. Thank you....
  6. Is using the command "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" safe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. When running "netsh int ip reset", I get the follwing errors "Resetting failed and Access...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When running "netsh int ip reset", I get the follwing errors "Resetting failed and Access...: Results: C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh int ip reset Resetting Compartment Forwarding, OK! Resetting Compartment, OK! Resetting Control Protocol, OK! Resetting Echo Sequence Request, OK! Resetting Global, OK! Resetting Interface, OK! Resetting Anycast Address, OK! Resetting...
  8. Know about parameters of Netsh int ip set global command

Know about parameters of Netsh int ip set global command: What is loopbackexecutionmode and reassemblyoutoforderlimit in the netsh int ip set global ? What difference between inline and adaptive loopbackexecutionmode? What were the default values in previous versions of Windows? ***Modified title from: new ip settings...
  9. Cant open websites without netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Cant open websites without netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt: I've been facing the problem from quiet a while but couldn't get a permanent solution. I need to type this command before I can open certain websites. The only website that opens without this command is Google.com and its search results....
  10. netsh int ip reset every hour

netsh int ip reset every hour: My wifi stops working and I can't open any new applications or chrome tabs. If I'm already on a chrome tab it will keep working. Netsh int ip reset fixes it temporarily but I have to do it so often....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netsh int ip reset showing access denied repeatedly

2. netsh int ip reset access denied

3. netsh int ip reset access is denied

4. netsh int ip reset access denied windows 10,
  5. netsh int ip reset access denied registry,
  6. netsh winsock reset access denied,
  7. netsh int ip reset says access denied,
  8. Access is denied .netsh int ip reset winows 10,
  9. netsh resolve neighbor failed access is denied,
  10. netsh int ip reset failed access deined,
  11. windows 10 error netsh winsock reset catalog failed access is denied,