Windows 10: Netsh show output

Discus and support Netsh show output in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need to be able to determine which of our devices can connect to a 5GHz WLAN and which are limited to 2.4GHz. I was hoping that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephen Cooper, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Netsh show output

Hello,

I need to be able to determine which of our devices can connect to a 5GHz WLAN and which are limited to 2.4GHz.

I was hoping that this information would be stored in WMI so it is easy to inventory with Config Manager but I've not had much luck so far locating a class with any usable data. Similarly I cant find anything appropriate in the registry. The best thing I can come up with so far is to run "netsh wlan show drivers" the output of which includes "Radio types supported" which I could use to distinguish between those supporting 802.11a/ac and therefore 5GHz capable and those which don't. The question then is where does netsh pull that information from and how to inventory it with SCCM. Perhaps there is a way to store the output of the netsh command as a new WMI class?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Steve

:)

Stephen Cooper, Jul 23, 2019
  2. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jul 23, 2019
  3. johndough Win User
    netsh lan show drivers doesn't work

Hi

netsh lan show interfaces works,
    netsh lan show drivers does not work because the command does not exist.

is there a way to show/list the lan drivers?

driverquery may do it, but who wants to scroll thru that lot.

Not urgent, but will help to satisfy an itch.

johndough, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Netsh show output

netsh wlan show networks doesn't provide consistant results

Hi,

We need to narrow down the issue you are having when using the netsh wlan show networks command in the command prompt. Kindly provide us a screenshot of the issue. By the way, when you say "on rare occasions the command
    netsh wlan show networks return a complete list", does it mean that the network names listed in the command prompt is the same with the network names in the taskbar WiFi section?

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Netsh show output

1. Netsh show output - Similar Threads - Netsh show output

2. Netsh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netsh: CMDNetshnetshnetsh.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E6%AD%A3%E5%B8%B8%E4%BD%BF/2ccbf0bb-0528-430c-bb89-a4f6274b4fdc
  3. Netsh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netsh: CMDNetshnetshnetsh.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E6%AD%A3%E5%B8%B8%E4%BD%BF/2ccbf0bb-0528-430c-bb89-a4f6274b4fdc
  4. netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38": I need some information regarding the specific WLAN router SSID: SAMRAKSHHow can get it using below commandnetsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38" logger="SAMRAKSH"...
  5. netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38": I need some information regarding the specific WLAN router SSID: SAMRAKSHHow can get it using below commandnetsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38" logger="SAMRAKSH"...
  6. netsh wlan show wlanreport missing BSSID of connected networks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netsh wlan show wlanreport missing BSSID of connected networks: Hello, Can you please help?When I generate a historical timeline for the Wireless LAN I can not seem to find the BSSID listed.BSSID is missing under the report showing the hardware address of the router I am connecting to....
  7. NETSH command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NETSH command: Playing around with the command as a utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Running this command gives a bunch of great info but I would like to have it save the html file to a specific path. Can't find info on doing that . Does anyone know ? netsh wlan show...
  8. Netsh Winsock Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netsh Winsock Reset: I have a problem easy anti-cheat where I keep getting an untrusted system file error and according to my research the way to fix it is either, sfc /scannow which didn't work or netsh winsock reset I haven't tried I'm very hesitant to whether I should do the netsh winsock...
  9. Windows 10 NO Direct Access NETSH shows blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 NO Direct Access NETSH shows blank: Hi I have one user with Windows 1607 (LTSB) just like the other 150 laptops in our office. However her Direct Access is not working. She gets correct GP, and has keys in Regedit. however if you got to a command prompt and try to run the command NETSH Inter HTTPS Show...
  10. netsh lan show drivers doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    netsh lan show drivers doesn't work: Hi netsh lan show interfaces works, netsh lan show drivers does not work because the command does not exist. is there a way to show/list the lan drivers? driverquery may do it, but who wants to scroll thru that lot. Not urgent, but will help to satisfy an itch....