Windows 10: netsh wlan connect always returns connection request was completed successfully even though...

Discus and support netsh wlan connect always returns connection request was completed successfully even though... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; netsh wlan connect name="mywifi" ssid="mywifi" interface=Wi-FiThis netsh command is always returning connection successful even though the wifi network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karen Simeon, Sep 2, 2021.

1. netsh wlan connect always returns connection request was completed successfully even though...

netsh wlan connect name="mywifi" ssid="mywifi" interface=Wi-FiThis netsh command is always returning connection successful even though the wifi network is not available.I tried getting netsh trace and it is showing connection failure:[Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig]WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network...Connection Mode: Manual connection with a profile Profile Name: mywifi SSID: mywifi BSS Type: Infrastructure Failure Reason:The specific network is not available. RSSI: 255I am using Windows 10.

:)

Karen Simeon, Sep 2, 2021
  2. MyTen Win User

NETSH behaviour changed in Windows 10. Not giving error when it should

I found information to use to connect to a Wifi using the netsh command line.
    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToConnectToAWirelessWIFINetworkFromTheCommandLineInWindows7.aspx

I used this command to connect to Wifi and this SSID is not at my office , however it
    still shows Connection request was completed successfully.
    So whether the SSID is there or not it always returns connection request
    was completed successfully.

I am trying to do is that if I am at home I connect to the WLAN if the
    hardwire is not connected. I have it in my startup .

If you have any input I would appreciate it. Windows 10 must have done
    something different

Windows 10 both profiles are in the system. I am at WORK and MywifiN2 is not available

netsh wlan connect name="MywifiN2" (trying to connect to the SSID not there) even if I use ssid="MywifiN2" same
    Connection request was completed successfully.

netsh wlan connect name="MyWork"
    (The wifi connects and no issues)
    Wifi connects when I do this at home to the home network
    netsh wlan connect name="MywifiN2"
    if %ERRORLEVEL%==0 (
    echo "Home wifi Connected."
    ) else (
    echo "I am at work no wifi"
    )
    "Home wifi connected"
    No matter what I always get the ERRORLEVEL to be 0 (successful), and it is connecting to the work
    On Windows 7 it works fine
    The network specified by profile "MywifiN2" is not available to
    connect.
    netsh wlan connect name="MyWork"

The network specified by profile "MywifiN2" is not available to
    connect.
    if %ERRORLEVEL%==0 (
    echo "Home wifi Connected." ) else (
    echo "I am at work no wifi"
    )
    "I am at work no wifi"

thanks

MyTen, Sep 2, 2021
  3. DanNokio Win User
    UNWANTED auto-connection to WLAN

Dear farby,

Thank you for your suggestions, and apologies for my delay in replying. Poor health.

I have tried each of the suggested solutions, but still do not have the wanted result.

• WLAN connection deleted and reconfigured. While the WLAN was absent, the provider internet connection began self-connection just as the WLAN had done.
      • On reconfiguring the WLAN, both it and the provider internet connection began self-connecting.
    • On re-setting the factory settings, as soon as boot completed, internet connection was requested. On dismissal of request, WLAN self-connected as before.

It would seem that something really wants to get out onto the web, or maybe the 'phone is just 'phoning home.

Please help.

DanNokio, Sep 2, 2021
  4. netsh wlan connect always returns connection request was completed successfully even though...

Using netsh wlan commands not working

It comes up in the list of available WiFi networks but it isn't a network that I have ever connected to. I'm connected to my own private WiFi network and have never seen another network show up on the list until now. It has a padlock mark on it which, I think, means I couldn't use it anyway because it's password-protected. I don't want to use it. I just don't want to see it in my Action Center. As I said, I tried a netsh wlan command to block the network, and used another netsh wlan command that was meant to also hide blocked networks from the list, but this rogue network still shows up on the list in my Action Center. It shows up for about 10 seconds, then disappears. Confusing...In fact, it happened again just now...showed up on the list for a few seconds, then disappeared all of a sudden.

Nandilicious, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

netsh wlan connect always returns connection request was completed successfully even though...

1. netsh wlan connect always returns connection request was completed successfully even though... - Similar Threads - netsh wlan connect

2. No interent connection even though connected how to solve?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No interent connection even though connected how to solve?: Firstly, I tried all possible solutions to this problem but it is still not solved but please suggest anything I can try to get it solved.Specs:- HP i7-1165G7 11th gen, 16gb ram, win 11 home 21H2,64bit, 1tb ssd.So the problem starts from me trying to install bunch of crack...
  3. No interent connection even though connected how to solve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No interent connection even though connected how to solve?: Firstly, I tried all possible solutions to this problem but it is still not solved but please suggest anything I can try to get it solved.Specs:- HP i7-1165G7 11th gen, 16gb ram, win 11 home 21H2,64bit, 1tb ssd.So the problem starts from me trying to install bunch of crack...
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  5. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  6. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. netsh wlan show wlanreport missing BSSID of connected networks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netsh wlan show wlanreport missing BSSID of connected networks: Hello, Can you please help?When I generate a historical timeline for the Wireless LAN I can not seem to find the BSSID listed.BSSID is missing under the report showing the hardware address of the router I am connecting to....
  8. Netsh WLAN command

Netsh WLAN command: I just discovered the NETSH utility. Ran netsh wlan show all on my new desktop PC to see which router wifi channels are being used by other visible networks in my neighborhood. To my astonishment it listed every wifi network profile at least 100, mostly hotels I have...
  9. not connected -connections available: even though I am actually connected.

not connected -connections available: even though I am actually connected.: Hello All, I am connected and I am posing this message from the laptop that is showing this message. This has been going on for weeks now. So I thought it was just a cosmetic problem so I ignored it. Now suddenly my apps such as MS Word started to complain that my...
  10. Using netsh wlan commands not working

Using netsh wlan commands not working: Someone else's network keeps popping up in my list of networks in the Windows 10 Action Center. I've used a cmd prompt and followed all instructions for using "netsh wlan" commands to deny all (and then allow my own network to show, but the network I blocked still keeps...