Windows 10: Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user

Discus and support Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Netspeedmonitor puts a simple U/D speed display on the taskbar. It has worked for years on Win 10 and Linux. I run Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.844... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by louarnold, Mar 15, 2021.

1. louarnold Win User

Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user

Netspeedmonitor puts a simple U/D speed display on the taskbar. It has worked for years on Win 10 and Linux.
    I run Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.844 on an HP desktop with 4 GB memory and an amd64 dual core running at 2 GHz

The app version is "netspeedmonitor_2_5_4_0_x64_setup.msi". This is the latest version at this time and has been running for many months. However, now it only runs for the Administrator account. It does not run under my user account. I have done everything suggested on the web: opened up a firewall, installed in compatibility mode, put an executable in the startup folder. But still no luck.

I am using Firefox V86.0 64 bit as a browser.

:)

louarnold, Mar 15, 2021
  2. louarnold Win User

Netspeedmonitor puts a simple U/D speed display on the taskbar. It has worked for years on Win 10 and Linux.
    I run Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.844 on an HP desktop with 4 GB memory and an amd64 dual core running at 2 GHz

The app version is "netspeedmonitor_2_5_4_0_x64_setup.msi". This is the latest version at this time and has been running for many months. However, now it only runs for the Administrator account. It does not run under my user account. I have done everything suggested on the web: opened up a firewall, installed in compatibility mode, put an executable in the startup folder. But still no luck.

I am using Firefox V86.0 64 bit as a browser.

louarnold, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Ghot Win User

Many times, programs allow you the option of "installing for all users" during install?

I just went to the Netspeed Monitor website, and the site itself is infected.
    I then checked the softpedia website, and in the description it explains, that this program has trouble on Windows 8 and above.
    On cnet.com it doesn't list Windows 10 as compatible with this program.
    On github they are only up to version 1.0.15

Personally, I use AIDA64 Extreme to monitor my DL/UL rate, and DL/UL amounts.

4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user - Similar Threads - Netspeedmonitor works admin

2. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin password in child user doesn't work: Hi everyone,I recently added a user in Windows 10 for my kid. When logging into his user, I saw that for some reason my desktop was sort of duplicated on his newly minted user's desktop. When trying to delete all the shortcuts from there which are blocked anyhow, I saw the...
  3. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin password in child user doesn't work: Hi everyone,I recently added a user in Windows 10 for my kid. When logging into his user, I saw that for some reason my desktop was sort of duplicated on his newly minted user's desktop. When trying to delete all the shortcuts from there which are blocked anyhow, I saw the...
  4. Admin password in child user doesn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account

Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account: When I first bought my PC, I set up a User account and have used it pretty much ever since. However, the other day I found that Bluetooth failed to connect to any devices in my User account when the PC was woken from sleep mode and I had to reboot to get a connection. So I...
  6. Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth working in Admin account but not in User account: When I first bought my PC, I set up a User account and have used it pretty much ever since. However, the other day I found that Bluetooth failed to connect to any devices in my User account when the PC was woken from sleep mode and I had to reboot to get a connection. So I...
  7. Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user

Netspeedmonitor works for admin, not for user: Netspeedmonitor puts a simple U/D speed display on the taskbar. It has worked for years on Win 10 and Linux. I run Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.844 on an HP desktop with 4 GB memory and an amd64 dual core running at 2 GHz The app version is...
  8. password for admin user not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password for admin user not working: I cannot sign-in to my administrative user account. my password does not work. help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-admin-user-not-working/d189dfbd-33cc-4f5c-9be7-a74baa2c84e6
  9. User to admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User to admin: Hello. I only have one account on my pc and I have transformed it into an user account. Now I can't access the admin privileges. How should Ichange it back to an admin account and create a new user account?...
  10. User to Admin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User to Admin: I don't have an administrator account on my laptop. I checked it in CMD and it say's defaultuser1, I can't change my account to admin because it say's I don't have the rights. Please help! Thanks!...