Windows 10: Netstat -an showing lots of listening + established, why?

Discus and support Netstat -an showing lots of listening + established, why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my friend was showing me how to do something on my computer and went on CMD, netstat -an .. it showed a lot of conections some where at TIME WAIT, most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hodor, Nov 27, 2016.

1. hodor Win User

Netstat -an showing lots of listening + established, why?

my friend was showing me how to do something on my computer and went on CMD, netstat -an .. it showed a lot of conections some where at TIME WAIT, most split between LISTENING and ESTABLISHED there are 74 i counted, is this something or nothing, tried to look it up online but didnt seem to get much telling me what should be there and shouldnt. i know its probably nothing but thought it would be worth an ask and hoped this may be the place for a quick simple awnser.

:)

hodor, Nov 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 home Remote Assistance Ports

If you have all ports open and have successfully established a connection, try running netstat -na from the Command Line. You will need to know the IP addresses of the local and remote computer which then netstat shows the port connectivity source to
    destination.

BobMullineaux, Nov 27, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Nov 27, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Sounds about right to me. Just ran netstat on my production PC as a go-by, and got 76 items right off the bat. Sounds entirely normal to me. OTOH, if you want to upload your netstat output, I could see if there are any analysis tools or "things to watch out for" documented somewhere online.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Netstat -an showing lots of listening + established, why? - Similar Threads - Netstat showing lots

2. netstat -a reports many Established connections using the name of my computer and different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netstat -a reports many Established connections using the name of my computer and different...: For example,netstat -a reads 4 LocalHost TCP connections to my laptop, all using the same name 'DESKTOP-OLD25GP' under the Foreign Address tab. The Established ports are 55088 - 55091. I do not understand why 4 ports are open to the old desktop name?I use Windows 10 on my...
  3. netstat -a reports many Established connections using the name of my computer and different...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netstat -a reports many Established connections using the name of my computer and different...: For example,netstat -a reads 4 LocalHost TCP connections to my laptop, all using the same name 'DESKTOP-OLD25GP' under the Foreign Address tab. The Established ports are 55088 - 55091. I do not understand why 4 ports are open to the old desktop name?I use Windows 10 on my...
  4. netstat -a reports many Established connections using the name of my computer and different...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Netstat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netstat: Netstat is extremely confusing, it starts with the average small length of connection lines and then it expands into almost two sentences! It even has weird names for domains. It's extremely odd and all the "see if your computer is hack" barely explains how they find the...
  6. Netstat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netstat: Netstat is extremely confusing, it starts with the average small length of connection lines and then it expands into almost two sentences! It even has weird names for domains. It's extremely odd and all the "see if your computer is hack" barely explains how they find the...
  7. Netstat connections

Netstat connections: Hello I was playing with my cmd and I noticed several netstat connections labelled as "Bad6" does anyone know what this may be? Also if this is malicious could someone please tell me how to terminate the connection. Thank you for any and all answers!...
  8. Netstat not showing pids

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netstat not showing pids: When using 'netstat -b' command; pids are not shown. How do I fix this? The only things that are listed are; protocol, local address, foreign address and state, but again no pid. Example: [ATTACH]...
  9. netstat -a reports many Established connections; is that bad?

netstat -a reports many Established connections; is that bad?: When running netstat -a, I see many "established" connections to high address ports on my computer for example 49924. Should I be concerned? If so, what action should I take? I have McAfee on my computer and use a Netgear R7000 router. Thanks....
  10. Lots Of Connections on netstat / Wireshark

Lots Of Connections on netstat / Wireshark: So I haven't needed to netstat anything in a while and certainly never did on Win 10 but I don't remember so many active, established connections before. I have established connections with Twitter, Pandora, Google, Microsoft, Linode Networks, Akamai, CloudFlare and...