Windows 10: Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803

Discus and support Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two identical computers on an ethernet network, both running Windows 10 Pro 64b build 1803. Each can see the other on the network. Computer 2 can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Soetoro, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Soetoro Win User

Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803

Two identical computers on an ethernet network, both running Windows 10 Pro 64b build 1803. Each can see the other on the network. Computer 2 can access shared directories on computer 1, but no.1 is denied access to no.2 with the familiar "you don't have permission..." error message. However, no.1 can print on the printer connected to no.2. I've been through the shared folder settings on both and have been unable to find anything different, but apparently something is.

Any thoughts on what to check next? BTW, this setup worked well in the past until the 1803 update.

:)

Soetoro, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Sep 18, 2018
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Sep 18, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803 - Similar Threads - Network access permission

2. Problem w/access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem w/access: Can't get to may lenovo laptop. Lenovo told me to contact MS about a new PN not a password, Don't have a PN so am locked out, due to a system. upgrade. Please call me - ***-***-****Thanks, Maryann***Edited to remove PII...
  3. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 [1803] network problems: I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public:...
  4. Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem

Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem: Hi, I have a home network with 1 pc (win10), 1 PC (XP), new router (with attached storage) and various other non windows devices. The relevant networking connections are all via a (wired) Lan. The behaviour of the PCs is: The router can see all the devices inc both...
  5. windows 10 build 1803

windows 10 build 1803: Hello and to Whom it may Concern: My name is John Apostoli, right now I am trying to connect two very moderen up to date windows 10 build 1803 and can NOT share a folder. Both are connected to the same router and both are on ethernet. I have done EVERY thing I can think...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems

Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems: When trying to access Windows 10 Pro 1803 files on another computer, I get this message. " Windows cannot access ||DESKTOP-------. Contact Network Administrator to gain access." I have tried. I need to know how to grant access, I am the only admin in this office. What...
  7. Windows 10 - 1803 build?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - 1803 build?!: last time I totally avoid the 1709 because it was a disaster by any means so my question now is how bugged windows 10 - 1803 build it is? I should wait for the next build or is safe to install the 1803 build ?! thanks...
  8. Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 1803 update tool problem: Hello, I performed an upgrade install from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 in 2015, I wanted to rebuild my system from scratch with the latest build (1803) via the Media Creation Tool. When I try to run the tool, I get the error "There was a problem starting Setup...", I have...
  9. windows 10 build 1803 network answer

windows 10 build 1803 network answer: well it seems no one wants to know the solution so will keep it to myself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-build-1803-network-answer/f4de2885-b16a-4aa4-a491-7c72ec02f7cc
  10. Problems with update build 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with update build 1803: Hi all, I have severe problems with this new 1803 build update.. I updated it via regular Windows update and i get nothing but trouble with it so far. First the UAC ( user account control) didn't work properly which works later, now Windows defender keeps telling me that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no network accessin Windows 10 build 1803

2. windows 10 pro share access permissions on network

3. network access permission problem with windows 10 build 1809

4. permission problems on windows 10 network,
  5. windows phone Problems accessing the network.,
  6. windows 10 1803 no network access,
  7. windows network access permissions,
  8. ethernet kpermissions on win 10 pro 1803 I can find to do.,
  9. no network access in windows 10 build 1803,
  10. windows 10 build 1803 set up network share,
  11. permission problem in win10 Pro 1803