Windows 10: Network Access Storage access problem

Discus and support Network Access Storage access problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem previously reported and not resolved by anyone. I can no longer see my Network Access Storage NAS device. This happened today,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mac707, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Mac707 Win User

Network Access Storage access problem

I have a problem previously reported and not resolved by anyone. I can no longer see my Network Access Storage NAS device. This happened today, Christmas Day, 2020. Worked yesterday.

Yes, I can ping it. I can open a browser and log into it. I look at files this way. The device is working fine.

Reboot of the pc and the NAS doesn't help. It seems that it is invisible to file explorer.

Need information on how to fix this? Why has Windows suddenly decided the NAS is invisible?

:)

Mac707, Dec 25, 2020

2. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Dec 25, 2020
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Network Access Storage access problem - Similar Threads - Network Access Storage

2. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  3. Problem with access to network shares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with access to network shares: Hello, I have a problem with network shares. I will try to describe the problem the best way I can: I share some folders from a Windows 2019 server: \\serverA.domain.local\folder1 \\serverA.domain.local\folder2 \\serverA.domain.local\folder3 Most of the users access the...
  4. Problem with access to network shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with access to network shares: Hello, I have a problem with network shares. I will try to describe the problem the best way I can: I share some folders from a Windows 2019 server: \\serverA.domain.local\folder1 \\serverA.domain.local\folder2 \\serverA.domain.local\folder3 Most of the users access the...
  5. Accessing files on a network storage device

Accessing files on a network storage device: I can´t access files from my network storage from one of my surface book win 10 pro though I can from my older surface win 10 by right click on the device and choosing set public connection. How can I do the same with Win Pro?Thx for any help...
  6. Network Attached Storage drive detected but no access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Attached Storage drive detected but no access: Hello, I have this screenshot below. I have an NAS drive, and I am having issues with accessing its content. I may have remembered what an IP address have meant, but what about its MAC addresses, and its DNS? Its purpose is to find out the NAS drive's IP, MAC, and DNS....
  7. network access problems

network access problems: so i dont want one of my programs to access the internet so i went to firewall to disable the program from accessing the internet but it still connects can anybody help me with this issue...
  8. Network Access Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Access Problem: Computers: Workgroup WIN 10 Pro X64 running Version 1803 - Desktop WIN 10 Pro X64 running Version 1809 - Laptop Using the Network icon I am able to access both computers with the Laptop. Using the Network icon I am not able to access the Laptop from the Desktop. I get...
  9. Network Sharing File Access Problem

Network Sharing File Access Problem: I've been reviewing the simple folder sharing setup on my three Windows 10 PCs. I'm trying to share folders between three computers on the same network by right clicking the folder and giving access to Everyone without using a Home Group. All computers have Windows 10 Pro (PC...
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...