Windows 10: network adapter accidentally uninstalled

Discus and support network adapter accidentally uninstalled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyleAttwood, Oct 21, 2021.

1. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and youtube. nothing works, thanks.

:)

KyleAttwood, Oct 21, 2021

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 21, 2021
  4. botanrice Win User

network adapter accidentally uninstalled

Manually uninstalling network adapter results in no boot

Hi. I have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop that was not connecting to any Wi-Fi networks. I tried some previous steps I had taken in the past to no avail, then used my phone to search for some solutions which led me to the suggestion to uninstall my network adapter.

I believe that this is where I made a mistake. I uninstalled a Qualcomm adapter, which I believe was the correct one. I also have installed a Virtual Machine application called Virtual Box that had some adapters listed there - figured I'd uninstall those
    as well since the diagnostic report while trying to connect to the wi-fi had those listed. I also uninstalled another item listed under network adapters - I can't remember exactly what it was. Perhaps that was my problem? Regardless, my understanding was that
    Windows would re-install any adapter that was missing on a system restart.

However, now my laptop won't boot. It loads to the "Acer" screen with the rotating icon and now brings me to "Automatic Repair." I've tried restarting again, "continue" to windows 10 and running diagnostics on my system startup but none has worked - it still
    seems to get stuck on the boot screen for ~20+ minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could offer any help? I understand a system reset may be in order here - but if there's a possible solution without doing that then I'd be interested.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-

botanrice, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

network adapter accidentally uninstalled

1. network adapter accidentally uninstalled - Similar Threads - network adapter accidentally

2. NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED: i uninstalled my network adapter and checked the try to disable this for this device option and when i restart it isn't coming back. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-uninstalled/b473f1c1-99bd-48e6-b87c-74eb5bba3d94
  3. NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED: i uninstalled my network adapter and checked the try to disable this for this device option and when i restart it isn't coming back. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-uninstalled/b473f1c1-99bd-48e6-b87c-74eb5bba3d94
  4. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter accidentally uninstalled: i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and youtube. nothing works, thanks....
  5. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network adapter accidentally uninstalled: i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and youtube. nothing works, thanks....
  6. I accidentally deleted Network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally deleted Network adapter: I accidentally deleted Network adapters LAN and WiFi please help im on windows 10 (yes i am an idiot) been like this scene January provided images on my 8.1 laptop:https://imgur.com/C60kbNY on my 10 tower :https://imgur.com/Cu8n5at submitted by /u/amzeggio [link]...
  7. Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth Adapter: I accidentally uninstalled Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter while addressing connectivity issues. Now my laptop has no bluetooth capability after troubleshooting. How can I re-install it?...
  8. Uninstalled bluetooth network adapter

Uninstalled bluetooth network adapter: Hello, I was trying to fix my machine after it told me that I no longer had any Bluetooth services and I uninstalled the bluetooth under network adapters. When I rebooted, it was still gone, even after scanning for hardware changes. I have tried to install a new driver from...
  9. Network Adapter Showing as Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter Showing as Uninstalled: Hello, I am experiencing a bug where about 1/4 of the time I restart the computer, the Intel networking driver is gone, and my internet doesnt work. It just doesnt show up in the device manager. The only way i have found to fix it is to either enable or disable “deep sleep”...
  10. Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter

Accidentally uninstalled my dispaly adapter: Okay so I have a Surface 7 pro and I was trying to watch something online. I realized my brightness was high and when I tried to turn it down it didn't work. I was looking online to fix this and nothing was working, I tried to follow this tutorial:...