Windows 10: Network Adapter automatically disables itself randomly in Windows 11

Discus and support Network Adapter automatically disables itself randomly in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If your network adapter keeps disabling automatically on Windows, this post will help you. As reported by some Windows users, they keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 22, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

Network Adapter automatically disables itself randomly in Windows 11

Network Adapter automatically disables itself randomly in Windows 11 [​IMG]
    If your network adapter keeps disabling automatically on Windows, this post will help you. As reported by some Windows users, they keep experiencing this issue where the WiFi disconnects and the network adapter is disabled in Device Manager. Let us check out why you may face this problem. Why does my network adaptor keep turning […]

This article Network Adapter automatically disables itself randomly in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 22, 2024

2. Network adapter keeps disabling

Hi Taran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you with the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due network adapter driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 22, 2024
  3. siredge Win User
    Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't
    use this functionality, which I understand was facilitated by MicroSoft.

Every time, I can run the troubleshooter and in 30 or so seconds, my network adapter is reenabled and I can carry on (which requires reconnecting to the remove system and restarting my session there).

This happens at varying frequencies- I have seen it occur twice inside 15 min, but generally happens about once per hour.

I have checked a number of threads on the subject and I have:

• Refreshed my Windows 10 installation
    • Updated network drivers
    • Disabled power saving mode on the network card
    • Updated my DNS servers
    • Moved to Static IP (helped me take the router out of the equation as the source of the problem)

Is there a permanent solution available?

Thanks,

Bryce

siredge, Jun 22, 2024
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

1. Network Adapter automatically disables itself randomly in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Network Adapter automatically

2. Network adapter disabling itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disabling itself?: Bought this brand new two thousand dollar computer from Starforge systems, first several months of using hit held no issues whatsoever, but recently have been having some wonky network issues. I'll be booted from my network unable to reconnect, restarting the adapter yeilds...
  3. Network adapter disabling itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter disabling itself?: Bought this brand new two thousand dollar computer from Starforge systems, first several months of using hit held no issues whatsoever, but recently have been having some wonky network issues. I'll be booted from my network unable to reconnect, restarting the adapter yeilds...
  4. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  5. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  6. Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10: Hello Everyone,we have Dell Latitude 5420 in our organization and we have observed that that wifi adopter disabled itself automatically. Every time we have to enable it again as soon as the user put the query. we have tried everything link updating the windows driver to the...
  7. Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10: Hello Everyone,we have Dell Latitude 5420 in our organization and we have observed that that wifi adopter disabled itself automatically. Every time we have to enable it again as soon as the user put the query. we have tried everything link updating the windows driver to the...
  8. Network adapter disabled itself automatically in Dell 5420 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  10. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...