Windows 10: Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update

Discus and support Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks! I was hoping someone could help me with my driver issue. I believe the latest windows update killed the wireless network adapter inside my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kilo Monitor Alpha, May 2, 2019.

1. Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update

Hi folks!

I was hoping someone could help me with my driver issue. I believe the latest windows update killed the wireless network adapter inside my desktop. The ethernet works fine.

So I ran the network troubleshooter without any ethernet wire connected and got the Error "The "Ethernet" adapter is not working properly. See picture. Then checked the details, and here is what I have so far:

Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Ethernet driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom Corporation

Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft

Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 17.2.1.0

Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\netb57va.inf

Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:28:18 AM

Section Name . . . . . . . . . : BCM57766_LHinst.NTamd64.6.1

Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_14e4&dev_1686

Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a

Device Manager Status Code . . : 0

IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6

Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update 182cd7ba-ed58-4a59-971d-f3712990c0da?upload=true.png

The only other thing I "think" has happened to it is it may show up under "wireless iAP" now?

Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update 01c02d06-5296-4f47-beef-c0989d4e1d2f?upload=true.png

:)

Kilo Monitor Alpha, May 2, 2019

2. Broadcomm 802.11n Wireless adapter not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

As a work around, I suggest you to perform the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps given below.

• Type troubleshooting on search box present on the task bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Follow the onscreen steps.
    Check for the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and then install the network adapter and then check if it helps.

Step 1:

Follow these steps to Uninstall Network Drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Network Adapter and expand it.

• Right click on the Network Adapter
      and select Uninstall.

• Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2: Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website and then download the latest network driver. Once you have successfully downloaded the driver you can install the driver.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, May 2, 2019
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, May 2, 2019
  4. Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update

After the update my network adapters not working.

Hi Sam,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates with a wired net connection and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Fix network connection issues: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Note: The steps to turn off a firewall depend on the firewall software you’re using. Check the documentation for your firewall software to learn how to turn it off. Make sure you turn it back on as soon as you can. Not having a firewall turned
    on makes your PC more vulnerable to hackers, worms, or viruses.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update

1. Network Adapter Broadcomm no longer works after latest windows update - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Broadcomm

2. Network adapter not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter not working after Windows update: I was watching Netflix a couple days ago and it suddenly stopped working with the error message that when I searched it, told me something probably needed updating like the Flash. So I restarted my computer and did the Windows update that had been waiting there. When the...
  3. Network adapter not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter not working after Windows update: I was watching Netflix a couple days ago and it suddenly stopped working with the error message that when I searched it, told me something probably needed updating like the Flash. So I restarted my computer and did the Windows update that had been waiting there. When the...
  4. 3D builder no longer works after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D builder no longer works after latest windows update: I bought a new computer earlier this year with windows 11 home. I installed Microsoft 3D builder app and had been using it regularly worked fine. once the windows update on May10th, 2022 it no longer works. I can open the app and insert shapes, but when it comes to open a...
  5. 3D builder no longer works after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D builder no longer works after latest windows update: I bought a new computer earlier this year with windows 11 home. I installed Microsoft 3D builder app and had been using it regularly worked fine. once the windows update on May10th, 2022 it no longer works. I can open the app and insert shapes, but when it comes to open a...
  6. Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Mouse no longer working after latest Window's Update: The latest Window's update stopped my usb mouse from working. It was working fine right before the update. I've tried troubleshooting and nothing has fixed the issue. The mouse works on other computers, and I've tried a different mouse so that's not the problem either. Any...
  7. Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photoshop no longer working after latest Microsoft update: I received a message from Microsoft for a periodic update to my system Windows 10. Now I can no longer launch my Photoshop application. I receive the following error message: "Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable."...
  8. Network adapters no longer working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapters no longer working: Hello, I recently accidentally bridged my ethernet port and wifi card, to fix it, I had used the network reset feature. Now neither of them show up in the network and sharing center or the network connections. They do appear in device manager, but have no drivers, I have...
  9. WiFi network adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi network adapter no longer working: I recently attempted to update the Intel(R) dual band wireless-AC driver, however when I did, it said the driver installation failed. Since then I can no longer see and networks. All my network adapter drivers say “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this...
  10. Network adapter not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapter not working after update: When I used the "Restart now" button to apply the latest update, my network adapter straight up doesn't appear and I cannot connect to WiFi. I do not have the update that would normally be associated with network problems (KB4515384), but I need to know which update(s) I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. r driver iii usb 2.0 to sata ide cable download