Windows 10: Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

Discus and support Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stishanok, Oct 16, 2021.

1. stishanok Win User

Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device to save energy.Found the following error in the event viewer:Miniport Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power.And I have to reboot my laptop every time to use the internet again.Would you please help me?Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 Bui

:)

stishanok, Oct 16, 2021
  2. kentosan Win User

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Network adapter disappears

Hi,

After upgrading from W7 to W10 (Home edition) on an old Packard-Bell PC, connection with the LAN is often lost.

If I look Network Connections in the Network and Sharing Center, the adapter has disappeared.

If I then go the Device Manager, the adapter is shown as not working (with a yellow exclamation mark next to it).

I then go to Driver, and Uninstall Device, and then to Action and select Scan for hardware changes.

The network adapter is then found, and everything works correctly until the PC goes to sleep mode.

When wakening from the sleep mode, the adapter is missing again, and the whole procedure has to be repeated.

How can solve this?

Best regards

Jens

JensMalmgren1, Oct 16, 2021
  4. alan sh Win User

Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep

I have an HP Envy laptop with a Realtek embedded wifi/bluetooth adapter built in.

For the past couple of days, every time it resumes from sleep, the adapter has disappeared from device manager and therefore it never connects to my network. If I power it off and on again, the network adapter reappears.

I've checked all the settings I can find - but nothing changes (there's no power management options in the adapter properties).

Has anyone seen this before and maybe have a solution?

cheers

Alan

alan sh, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Network adapter disappears

2. Is there a real fix for Network Adapter card and driver disappearing after sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a real fix for Network Adapter card and driver disappearing after sleep.: I tried HP support and after jumping through all the hoops, no improvement. Is MS actually going to fix this? I've been though all the steps and msinfo and screenshots and nothing. Funny but years ago we were having a discussion how great it will be when Window works...
  3. Is there a real fix for Network Adapter card and driver disappearing after sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a real fix for Network Adapter card and driver disappearing after sleep.: I tried HP support and after jumping through all the hoops, no improvement. Is MS actually going to fix this? I've been though all the steps and msinfo and screenshots and nothing. Funny but years ago we were having a discussion how great it will be when Window works...
  4. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep: HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device...
  5. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep: HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device...
  6. Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep: I have an HP Envy laptop with a Realtek embedded wifi/bluetooth adapter built in. For the past couple of days, every time it resumes from sleep, the adapter has disappeared from device manager and therefore it never connects to my network. If I power it off and on again, the...
  7. HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Disappearing After Computer Goes to Sleep: I recently got a 10TB Toshiba Drive to use as a secondary drive. It works great as long as I don't put my computer to sleep. When I wake my computer back up from sleep it's just gone. I'm on a Windows 10 machine, 2004 update. I've updated the bios, and checked for any...
  8. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep: My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone....
  9. Network adapter disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network adapter disappears: Hi, After upgrading from W7 to W10 Home edition on an old Packard-Bell PC, connection with the LAN is often lost. If I look Network Connections in the Network and Sharing Center, the adapter has disappeared. If I then go the Device Manager, the adapter is shown as not...
  10. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...