Windows 10: Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered

Discus and support Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; System is built about a year and 3 months ago with Windows 10 Pro installed. Randomly, the onboard network adapter would disconnect / fail and if I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chung2k6, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered

System is built about a year and 3 months ago with Windows 10 Pro installed. Randomly, the onboard network adapter would disconnect / fail and if I try to [Restart], it would hang on the [Restart ...] screen.

I have to Power Down the system completely, and it would be fine once rebooted. Then, it may run for days without issue (or for an hour), then, the adapter would disconnect / fail randomly. I've bought an external USB NIC to see if it would resolve the issue, but same thing happens to the external USB NIC. If I try to reconnect CAT5 to the onboard NIC, the onboard NIC adapter would fail instantly too.

I've been living with the issue for months now... it has all the latest updates from Windows installed; all hardware drivers updated.

I will be reinstalling windows fresh tomorrow to see if the problem goes away, but I'm wondering if it could be a hardware issue. The system is wonky and some USB ports SOMETIMES don't work properly (I sometimes have to reattach peripheral to other ports for it to start working).

I guess question is if anyone else ever experienced this? Is there some kind of troubleshooting steps I can go thru?

submitted by /u/chung2k6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chung2k6, Feb 23, 2021
  2. RickSk Win User

WiFi randomly disconnecting

Good day,

I have had this new desktop computer for 2 weeks. Ever since I assembled it, I have been experiencing random WiFi disconnections with a frequency of about 2 disconnections per day. After this happens, I must manually reconnect to the WiFi network.

I have a laptop, an iPhone and an iPad in my home network, and none of them experience this weird WiFi outage; it only happens to the desktop computer. Whenever I get disconnected, the only clue I get is an event 6062 "Lso was triggered" in the systems event viewer.

My motherboard is a X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi. The chipset driver together with the WiFi adapter driver and the LAN driver were installed after a fresh install of Windows 10 v1903. The drivers are up to date, and Windows 10 is up to date.

Any idea on what the problem is?

RickSk, Feb 23, 2021
  3. randomly disconnecting from WiFi no matter what I try

Thank you for the prompt response.

You can find the make and model information of your PC through System
    Information.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type System Information and then press
      Enter
    • Go to System Summary.

Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered 538f9285-652f-4af0-a34c-9c037703a35d.png

If the issue still continues even after doing all the troubleshooting steps you tried, we advise rolling back the network adapter driver to its previous version. It is possible that the latest version of the network adapter driver
    is not completely compatible with your hardware components and is causing the Internet connection to randomly disconnect. Follow the steps outlined in this

article
    on how to roll back the network adapter driver. We also recommend following the other troubleshooting steps found at the same link.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered

1. Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered - Similar Threads - Network adapter disconnects

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  3. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  4. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect: Hello, I am running a desktop Lenovo M81 SFF, with Windows 10 with most recent updates. I use this as a headless server that i remotely access with remote desktop and it is connevted with an ethernet cable to my router. Every couple of days it seems that the computer...
  6. Display Adapter disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Adapter disconnects randomly: Hello, I'm duplicating a question asked by katie757 as that thread has been locked, but I may have found a "solution". [ORIGINAL QUESTION] created on January 22, 2020 by katie757 Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft...
  7. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...
  8. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.: Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord also still work...
  9. Display adapter disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display adapter disconnects randomly: Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter Laptop connects without any issues and is consistently works. We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and...
  10. Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting: I have a Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. For about a year, I've had this issue where I'm connected to the Wi-Fi with no issues at all, then suddenly I get disconnected and I don't get reconnected automatically. When I go...