Windows 10: network adapter doesn't load on 1st start

Discus and support network adapter doesn't load on 1st start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've try reinstalling but still have this problem. My network adapter doesn't load on first start up but if I restart after initial start up then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samurai jack, May 9, 2017.

1. network adapter doesn't load on 1st start

Hi
    I've try reinstalling but still have this problem. My network adapter doesn't load on first start up but if I restart after initial start up then it will work perfectly fine.It detects Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection as well as an intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network connection.

I found this old fix for win 8 do you think I can use it on win 10 without making things worst ?

Download NVM Update Utility for Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY Network Connection

Thanks for any help or info

:)

samurai jack, May 9, 2017

2. No Networks after Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015438).

Two days ago I downloaded the cumulative update KB4015438. It installed correctly and after restarting my laptop (ASUS S400c) it has become unresponsive and the the network adapters are not working correctly.

After signing in it takes about 4 minutes for the windows start button to respond. regular background apps do not load and there is no internet connection. Tfe wifi adapter doesn't work (Intel AC7620), the Ethernet port either.

After a day of trails and errors I found that uninstalling all of the network adapters and connecting my laptop directly to the router with a cable I managed to get internet connection but it loses it after a restart.

I need help!

Thanks

Jorge

Jorge Ugaz, May 9, 2017
  3. How do I set up an ad-hoc WiFi network in Windows 10?

My driver supports hosted network, but after I try and start the wlan I get the following:

The hosted network couldn't be started.

The wireless local area network interface is powered down and doesn't support the requested operation.

The adapter is on, actually.

riccardo.l, May 9, 2017
  4. network adapter doesn't load on 1st start

Hi samurai jack.

I don't think this will make things worse. That said there is always a chance. Before doing any changes you could create a restore point and I would create an Image with a product like Macrium Reflect. Then if things go wrong you have a route back to where you are today.

If this problem is new it is likely being caused by driver update. The latest and greatest drivers are not always the way to go. Myself I would roll back driver / install an older driver if this problem is new. Before doing so always note version and manufacture of current so you know the install worked. If this resolves the problem for a period on time you will have to tell Windows to lay off the driver updates. When / if it fails after working for a period of time see if Windows installed a new version.

Again have a fallback plan that includes an Image. (Restore points are could but seem iffy.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 10, 2017
  5. Hi Ken
    Yes its a new problem, came during an update messed up my Nvidia settings and network, also got the "some settings are managed by your organization" bug.I have since stopped the driver update by Group Policy Editor. Thanks for your reply and help.

samurai jack, May 11, 2017
  6. Hi
    I did not do the old patch, so no kinda hoping it will fix itself out or MS wil have some kind of update

samurai jack, May 11, 2017
  7. I would still try older driver is this started all of a sudden.

Caledon Ken, May 12, 2017
  8. Gorlath Win User

network adapter doesn't load on 1st start

I have the same Network adapter, an "Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection". I didn't ever have the issue when running Win 7, however after upgrading to Win 10 I get the same problem happening sporadically on first start up. I've upgraded the drivers and it never helped.

If anyone finds a legitimate fix I'd be interested since all my searches have proved fruitless.

Gorlath, May 30, 2017
  9. Hi Gorlath. Welcome to the TenForums @Gorlath

I see you updated driver. Did you try an older driver?

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
  10. Gorlath Win User
    Not besides what was originally on the machine. The Intel site for the driver isn't very specific from what I can see about which driver you are actually downloading in a package. The newest driver I just downloaded and installed off their site appears to be a year old, even though the install package is only a month old.

I haven't got to the point where I felt motivated enough to go through the whole effort installing every one of them and noting which driver is in which install package and slowly testing them one by one.

Gorlath, May 30, 2017
  11. Hi
    Sry for the late reply, I fixed my problem by turning off Win 10 fast startup

samurai jack, May 30, 2017
  12. Hi samurai jack. Glad to hear your situation is fixed. If you could mark thread solved others will find your solution.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
  13. Gorlath Win User

So far, this solution does appear to work. I have also found that right clicking on the Network Adapter in the device manager and clicking "scan for new hardware" will re-enable the network adapter without a reboot. I plan to do some research and testing to see if a batch file could be made to do this with the quick start up feature.

Gorlath, Jun 1, 2017
  14. HI

Glad it helped, for me there isn't much of a speed difference without fast startup. I can wait the extra 5 sec. to get the network working

samurai jack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. network adapter doesn't load on 1st start - Similar Threads - network adapter doesn't

2. Calendar doesn't start from 1st day of the month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar doesn't start from 1st day of the month: Hello,After some years I had to back to Windows and of course to install the lastest one - 11.Looks like uncompitent people still work in MS, so I am not surprised to see another senseless feature without visible and accessable buttons to change it back.Does anyone knows, how...
  3. Calendar doesn't start from 1st day of the month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar doesn't start from 1st day of the month: Hello,After some years I had to back to Windows and of course to install the lastest one - 11.Looks like uncompitent people still work in MS, so I am not surprised to see another senseless feature without visible and accessable buttons to change it back.Does anyone knows, how...
  4. my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

my wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall: I have uninstalled wireless network adapter But it doesn't reinstall back, even though I scan for hardware change in device manager and restart my computer....
  5. Wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall: I uninstalled my wireless adapter, but it does not reinstall even if I click scan for hardware changes or restart the computer.My notebook system model : Aspire A315-41My wifi driver "qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter"...
  6. Wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

Wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall: I uninstalled my wireless adapter, but it does not reinstall even if I click scan for hardware changes or restart the computer.My notebook system model : Aspire A315-41My wifi driver "qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter"...
  7. Wireless network adapter doesn't reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Taskbar doesn't load after starting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't load after starting.: When I initially start up my computer and load in, the icons on the screens load up and can be started normally but the taskbar icons don't appear and when I click on the windows key or the windows logo and the search bar, it doesn't load and says that ''Windows 10 is not...
  9. No network adapters available - Surface Laptop (1st Generation)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network adapters available - Surface Laptop (1st Generation): Issue: No network adapters found. Can only connect to internet using wireless USB dongle. Device: Surface Laptop (1st generation) Windows version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867) My system info: Dropbox - System info.txt - Simplify your life Good evening, hope everyone is...
  10. Apps not loading on 1st startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not loading on 1st startup: When booting up the 1st time, apps on my pc aren't loading, so I got to restart once, in order to avoid a blue screen.. what causes that and how would I fix it? submitted by /u/PumpKPie [link] [comments]...