Windows 10: Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status

Discus and support Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; No connectivity, ethernet adapter shows up but no wifi. Just set the computer back up after a move, and upon starting the network adapter doesnt work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielKirk2, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status

No connectivity, ethernet adapter shows up but no wifi. Just set the computer back up after a move, and upon starting the network adapter doesnt work.

Name: Ethernet
    Description: Realtek Gaming GBE Family Controller
    Physical address (MAC): e0:d5:5e:88:ec:34
    Maximum transmission unit: 1500
    IPv4 address: 169.254.220.84/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::f4bb:20de:b65f:dc54%4/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Name: Wi-Fi
    Description: Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter
    Physical address (MAC): 00:0f:00:58:e7:1d
    Maximum transmission unit: 0

Name: Local Area Connection* 9
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    Physical address (MAC): 02:0f:00:58:e7:1d

Name: Local Area Connection* 10
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

Running Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1903, OS build 18362.356

I have tried resetting Winsock and the ipv4 and ipv6 Stacks with no success. I have booted in safe mode with no change.

:)

DanielKirk2, Oct 13, 2019

2. Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status

No connectivity, ethernet adapter shows up but no wifi. Just set the computer back up after a move, and upon starting the network adapter doesnt work.

Name: Ethernet

Description: Realtek Gaming GBE Family Controller

Physical address (MAC): e0:d5:5e:88:ec:34

Maximum transmission unit: 1500

IPv4 address: 169.254.220.84/16

IPv6 address: fe80::f4bb:20de:b65f:dc54%4/64

DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Name: Wi-Fi

Description: Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Name: Local Area Connection* 9

Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Physical address (MAC): 02:0f:00:58:e7:1d

Name: Local Area Connection* 10

Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

Running Windows 10 Pro, Ver. 1903, OS build 18362.356

I have tried resetting Winsock and the ipv4 and ipv6 Stacks with no success. I have booted in safe mode with no change.

DanielKirk2, Oct 30, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

It is perfectly clear.

Look at my screen shot. The "Ethernet adaptor Local Area Connedtion" doesn't say media disconnected.

That is because there is a cable connected to that connection. That is where my internet and network is coming from. Because that connection doesn't say media disconnected, I have network access and internet access. If I unplug the network cable from my machine, and run it again, it changes to media disconnected.

When you add the /all switch to ipconfig, it shows you every network connection.

The isatap and tunnelling connections that it lists are NOT releated to your ISP. They are actually virtual connections created to handle sending IPv6 packets over a private IPv4 network. It only really applies to very specific conditions, and for the most part will always say media disconnected. You should ignore these, as they have nothing to do with if you are actually connected to a network or the Internet.

newtekie1, Oct 30, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status

IPCONFIG /ALL reveals Media State = Media Disconnected for many users

Just checked one of my networked boards, cant remember which board it is, but it only has one physical LAN port.
    It only shows media disconnected for the Ipv6 related Tunnel Adapters but shows the physical port as connected.

oily_17, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status

1. Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status - Similar Threads - Network Adapter doesn't

2. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  3. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  4. Network hardware status not present/disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network hardware status not present/disconnected: My laptop has already been finnicky, sometimes the screen will go black and turns off if I grab it from underneath or even touch it, in this case. This time, it showed a few glitches on the black screen, turned off, then started to restart itself. Once it successfully...
  5. Network hardware status not present/disconnected

Network hardware status not present/disconnected: My laptop has already been finnicky, sometimes the screen will go black and turns off if I grab it from underneath or even touch it, in this case. This time, it showed a few glitches on the black screen, turned off, then started to restart itself. Once it successfully...
  6. Ethernet network adapter doesn't show up on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet network adapter doesn't show up on my windows: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 from a while ago and I encountered a problem with my Ethernet network adapter, but after some attempts it was resolved automatically. since yesterday suddenly, the internet has been completely stopped from my computer for no reason and the...
  7. Ethernet network adapter doesn't show up on my windows

Ethernet network adapter doesn't show up on my windows: Hello, I downloaded windows 11 from a while ago and I encountered a problem with my Ethernet network adapter, but after some attempts it was resolved automatically. since yesterday suddenly, the internet has been completely stopped from my computer for no reason and the...
  8. Strange network problem. This symbol shows up in my network status, and I have no icon for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange network problem. This symbol shows up in my network status, and I have no icon for...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_Sir_Natas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i06c9j/strange_network_problem_this_symbol_shows_up_in/
  9. Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status: I'm using 3600+B450 tomahawk max mobo with CAT6 LAN cable plugged in. I'm using Win10 1909 18363.815 All the while it has been 1Gbps until few days ago it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting by its own. And when reconnects it shows 100mbps. Cable should be working fine as...
  10. network adapter status show yellow triangle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter status show yellow triangle: can someone solve my problem,, tq to those troubleshooter in the community forum. 1. i cannot connect wifi.. there no sign of wifi, check the settings on network status nothing and try troubleshoot n change adapter shown 1,2 & 3 pic,, pic1,2,3.. tq [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek rtl8811au not operational

2. surface pro 3 2019 wifi not showing shows wifi media disconnected