Windows 10: Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart

Discus and support Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, recently my windows 10 randomly disconnected from the internet. the WIFI icon became a globe icon instead, but if I clicked the icon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanBM, Dec 4, 2020.

1. IanBM Win User

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart

Hi everyone,

recently my windows 10 randomly disconnected from the internet. the WIFI icon became a globe icon instead, but if I clicked the icon, the pop-up list would show no SSID, or the pop-list only showed no internet connections.

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart 1770aaca-78ba-4c77-bc14-f60536d4d3ae?upload=true.png

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart 315f3abf-2df9-45ab-9fd4-0ad1f2fa92d3?upload=true.png

checked the Device Manager, the Network Adapter looked fine

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart 0a141ff3-d7ad-4067-b791-b763a8274871?upload=true.png

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart bec54c55-92fa-4021-b504-f871d3ac0d37?upload=true.png

but every time after I ran a troubleshooting, the device manager told me that the driver of my network adapter was gone.

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart e6c107e4-4be2-47f3-b0ed-a4f7dae99d1b?upload=true.png

In the control panel network settings, the WIFI icon becomes

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart 01278105-1214-419d-8947-3361ad3eadf4?upload=true.png

any actions like "disable device/uninstall device" will only cause the device manager becomenot responding. therefore, only a restart will temporarily solve this problem, until the next random disconnection happens.

By the way, whenever this problem happens, restart will take for a really long time then gives me ablue screen which tells me something wrong and begins counting from 0% to 100%.

At first I thought it may be my network adapter's fault, so I changed my Rosewill to the Tp-Link. however, it still happens.

I've tried many solutions, from reinstalling the driver and device to reset the windows network settings, but none of them worked. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, thank you!

Btw, I also used to suffer from a problem that my computer would automatically shutdown instead of go to sleep after had been idle.

It turns out something wrong with the intel proset/wireless software. after uninstallation/reinstallation, this problem was fixed hopefully this information is related to my current problem.

:)

IanBM, Dec 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 driver adapter not working

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.
    Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Device Manager
      from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 4, 2020
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart

Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Device Manager from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart

1. Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart - Similar Threads - Network adapter driver

2. network adapter driver missing again anda again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter driver missing again anda again: i installed windows 10 enterprise in my HP core i3 4th gen pc model is z230 once i installed network adapter drive then windows giving me a message that is your pc will be restart after 5 minutes so after restarting network adapter driver installed successfully but when i...
  3. network adapter driver missing again anda again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network adapter driver missing again anda again: i installed windows 10 enterprise in my HP core i3 4th gen pc model is z230 once i installed network adapter drive then windows giving me a message that is your pc will be restart after 5 minutes so after restarting network adapter driver installed successfully but when i...
  4. network adapter driver missing again anda again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted: I was watching a youtube video when my desktop PC decided to restart. When it booted back up I no longer had a wired connection.Steps I've taken to repair the issue some tried multiple times and in various ordersPower cycled modem and routerChecked for router firmware...
  6. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted: I was watching a youtube video when my desktop PC decided to restart. When it booted back up I no longer had a wired connection.Steps I've taken to repair the issue some tried multiple times and in various ordersPower cycled modem and routerChecked for router firmware...
  7. Wired Network Connection Lost After PC Randomly Restarted

8. Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart

Network Adapter Not Showing After Restart: So I have been having an issue where I cannot connect to the internet, it tells me there is no network adapter detected. Now I did go into device manager and only once did I see my “intel Ethernet” or whatever it’s called so I followed a tutorial on YouTube that said it would...
  9. Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again: The problem is solved, I guess, but I want to know what could be the reason of this sudden thing on my laptop running windows 10 [10.018363 build 18363]. I'm a noob and googled this but only found resolutions of the problem and not causes, which is making me uneasy cause I...
  10. Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard works then does not and only works again after restart: I have a Windows tablet with Windows 13, when I use the on screen touch keyboard sometimes this does not work, this will only work again after a restart, thus happened multiple times daily and it is so frustrating having to restart all the time to get it to work, can anybody...