Windows 10: Network Adapter Driver

Discus and support Network Adapter Driver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I've been having the "Cannot Connect to this network" problem. I've looked around to fix it, and I found a website that instructed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GradyGAR, Jun 17, 2020.

1. GradyGAR Win User

Network Adapter Driver

Recently I've been having the "Cannot Connect to this network" problem. I've looked around to fix it, and I found a website that instructed the following:

Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.

Expand the "Network Adapters" field. This will list all network adapters that the machine has installed. Right-click on the adapter you want to uninstall and select "Uninstall". This will remove the adapter from the list and uninstall the device. If troubleshooting a wireless issue make sure to select the correct device - the word "Wireless" will likely be in the title.

Click "Ok" when prompted to uninstall the device. This will remove the adapter from the list and uninstall the driver.

Once the adapter has been uninstalled click on the "Scan for hardware changes" button to search for and reinstall the correct adapter. The icon can be hard to see - you can hover your mouse over the button to confirm you are choosing the correct one.

If the device is successfully reinstalled it will show back up under the "Network Adapters" drop-down. Reboot the computer and see if the connectivity issue has been resolved.

I looked at a few other YouTube videos etc, and they said the same thing, so I did it. Although when I did so, the network adapter did not pop back up, I tried rebooting several times and scanned for hardware changes at least 30 times. And my computer will no longer even connect to WiFi, it just says this: Network & Internet Settings change settings such as making a connection metered. Please help, I'm lost and do not know what to do.

Side note: My computer is a Surface 7 pro on Windows 10.

:)

GradyGAR, Jun 17, 2020

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Network Adapter Driver

Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Network Adapter Driver

1. Network Adapter Driver - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Driver

2. Network Adapter driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Adapter driver: I have an old acer laptop with windows 7 in an effort to make it run smoother i deleted all the programs and now i can’t connect to the internet. Yes i know it was dumbWindows network diagnostics says i need to install a driver for your network adapter. I’m not sure how to...
  3. Network Adapter driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter driver: I have an old acer laptop with windows 7 in an effort to make it run smoother i deleted all the programs and now i can’t connect to the internet. Yes i know it was dumbWindows network diagnostics says i need to install a driver for your network adapter. I’m not sure how to...
  4. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  5. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  6. Network adapter driver not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter driver not showing.: While trying to activate my SIM card on my pc, I discovered that I didn't have network adapter driver for the SIM card installed which I thought was unusual because my pc had a slot for SIM cards. After that, I downloaded the hs3110/hs3114 Mobile Broadband Driver from the...
  7. WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers

WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers: I recently reset my network on windows 10 settings, I thought it would help but it didn’t so now every time I turn on my pc or restart it I have to keep reinstalling the current network adapter drivers so that WiFi options show up, is there any way to fix this? When I check...
  8. driver network adapter

driver network adapter: i have a qualcomm atheros ar5007eg network adapter on a fujitsu amilo computer, on the pc there are a key to press for connect the wifi and a launch manager program, this program on the last version of win10 do not work, how i can resolve this problem ?...
  9. Network Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter Driver: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I had some issues with audio and video so i used LatencyMon, which told me i have problems with the Network driver, so i tried updating it. My Network adapter is: Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.30 I...
  10. Driver for Network Adapter

Driver for Network Adapter: I have a Aspire R5-571T running Windows 10 64 bit operating system. I got this laptop in February this year. I recieved it at my college and thus set it up on the the college Wi-Fi. Went home for summer and when I returned to college my laptop started acting strange. The...