Windows 10: Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384

Discus and support Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi After installing the latest update KB4515384, my Intel wireless network card and Intel lan card have stopped working. Device Manager reports a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Szkrabula, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Szkrabula Win User

Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384

Hi

After installing the latest update KB4515384, my Intel wireless network card and Intel lan card have stopped working. Device Manager reports a device error and cannot start it. Deinstalling KB4515384 solved the problem. My Lan card is integrated on Gigigabyte B450 AORUS PRO mainboard, wireless is on PCI-e ASUS PCE-AC55BT. All drivers is app to date. Any idea ??

:)

Szkrabula, Sep 12, 2019

2. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Sep 12, 2019
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Network adapter failure after installing KB4515384 - Similar Threads - Network adapter failure

2. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure: Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made computers for years. In the most recent windows 10 update, the wifi adapter failed to find my network at all. It will find other...
  3. No Network Adapter After Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Network Adapter After Installing Windows: MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570 E Gaming CPU: AMD 3900X Background: My computer was working fine, but then I had to remove my m.2 SSD. In the process I damaged one of the m.2 sockets on my MOBO. So I plugged the M.2 into the second socket. My computer wouldn't recognize it...
  4. No network adapter after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network adapter after windows 10 install: After a fresh windows 10 install my computer isnt picking up any network adapter. Only the debug kernen is listes. Trying to update drivers which i had on a flash drive, fails being that no actual adapter is presebt on the computer....
  5. KB4515384 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4515384 won't install: For some reason, i can't install KB4515384 (Culmunative Update Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based systems). I have tried everything what I could, but they don't work at all. The error code is 0x800f0982. What I have tried: Delete Downloaded Windows Update Files 1....
  6. KB4515384

KB4515384: KB4515384 UPDATE CAUSING PROBLEM.THIS UPDATE MAKE START MENU STUCK,TASKBAR STUCK OR NOT WORKING, WIRELESS MOUSE ADAPTER IS NOT WORKING ,USB DEVICES CAUSING PROBLEM, MOUSE AUTOMATIC CLICKING HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM???...
  7. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters: Windows 10 KB4515384 is the latest cumulative update that Microsoft released on September 10 with a fix for high CPU usage bug and multiple vulnerabilities. Microsoft initially stated that the cumulative update comes without any known issues, but the company has now updated...
  8. KB4515384

in Cortana
    KB4515384: Why oh wow do you guys even leave this update on here for? You know it's a bad update yet you leave it on the updates page? Really people? Then you force push update before even testing them and brick peoples OS because you failed again. How can you even get away with...
  9. Update KB4515384 fails

Update KB4515384 fails: Update KB4515384 fails with error 0xe0000003; Windows Pro 64 bit latest update status except KB4515384. The problem is that I can nowhere find this message. Klaus L...
  10. Kb4515384

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kb4515384: With KB4515384 out now, has anyone seen an improvement in the problems the previous update had? I do not know how to read the task manager CPU except to say it spikes when I open office or Chrome then levels off after but so far the system seems to be running fine; I did not...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4515384 breaks network

2. network adapter FAILURE KB4515384