Windows 10: Network adapter frequently stops working properly

Discus and support Network adapter frequently stops working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I started having an issue when I updated my windows 10 to the latest version, where my network adapter would stop working all of a sudden maybe an hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emanalo, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Emanalo Win User

Network adapter frequently stops working properly

I started having an issue when I updated my windows 10 to the latest version, where my network adapter would stop working all of a sudden maybe an hour after being on the computer, and my settings/control panel, wouldn't work or open, and I couldn't reset my network adapter, even if I kept the network connections folder open and control panel open as well in order to anticipate the wifi failure, they wouldn't work and would be frozen so anything i clicked wouldn't be responsive. In order to deal with this I reverted back to my previous windows version, but the problem remained. Fortunately, after i reverted I could manually reset the network adapter in the network connections folder or troubleshoot, but it still takes a few minutes to correct, and this happens about every hour or so.

:)

Emanalo, Sep 12, 2019

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 12, 2019
  3. WillNida Win User
    network adapter isn’t working

Hello,

i recently just purchased a gigabyte gc-wb867d-i network adapter, and installed it properly. Even after installing the appropriate software, etc, it still wont work. In network properties, it says the status of the adapter is non operational. I dont really
    know what is going on, my previous adapter suddenly stopped working, so i purchased this new one, which also doesnt work. This leads me to bellieve this might be a windows problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

WillNida, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Network adapter frequently stops working properly

Network adapter driver not properly installed

Long story short. I have a Asus Crosshair iv formula motherboard which has has Windows 7/8/10 installed on it before. I have used W10 preview since it first came out and I've been using the final version now. Internet has worked fine until today. Tells me it can't find a properly installed network adapter. Under device manager it list as unknown device. I even formatted and reinstalled my OS. Drivers from Asus website not working for, they only have the LAN driver listed for wins 7, help.

simplycoconut, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Network adapter frequently stops working properly

1. Network adapter frequently stops working properly - Similar Threads - Network adapter frequently

2. Ethernet adapters on Windows 11 have stopped working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet adapters on Windows 11 have stopped working properly: Very strange issue, on a relatively new desktop PC with built in gb ethernet adapter Intel motherboard and built in Wifi adapter, the network/internet connections speeds are drastically different, the ethernet is unuseable. GB internet and home network connections in home,...
  3. Ethernet adapters on Windows 11 have stopped working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet adapters on Windows 11 have stopped working properly: Very strange issue, on a relatively new desktop PC with built in gb ethernet adapter Intel motherboard and built in Wifi adapter, the network/internet connections speeds are drastically different, the ethernet is unuseable. GB internet and home network connections in home,...
  4. My network adapter is not working properly or sometimes goes missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter is not working properly or sometimes goes missing: I have been having issues with my laptop for months now regarding my wifi connection. My network adapter suddenly stopped working in February and since then I have not been able to use my laptop properly. Troubleshooting doesn't work and I can't find a solution online. I have...
  5. My network adapter is not working properly or sometimes goes missing

My network adapter is not working properly or sometimes goes missing: I have been having issues with my laptop for months now regarding my wifi connection. My network adapter suddenly stopped working in February and since then I have not been able to use my laptop properly. Troubleshooting doesn't work and I can't find a solution online. I have...
  6. Network adapter stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter stop working: Hi,my network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO sometimes when i download something stop working and force me to restart my pc. Besides i've to restart my pc by power button otherwise it'll stay on "restarting pc" screen forever.I've tried already to update drivers...
  7. Network adapter stop working

Network adapter stop working: Hi,my network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO sometimes when i download something stop working and force me to restart my pc. Besides i've to restart my pc by power button otherwise it'll stay on "restarting pc" screen forever.I've tried already to update drivers...
  8. Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.: I was having couple of problems with my pc which I had mentioned them all in my previous question that I had asked, can you please check that all, after that only try to answer my question, I will provide the link just below of this line. my previous question where I had...
  9. Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working: I have a problem where I suddenly lose network connection. Sometimes I regain it after a while, but most often my network selection, after freezing up for a bit, shows no available networks afterwards, and the device manager stops displaying my network card. Restarting fixes...
  10. Network adapter driver not properly installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter driver not properly installed: Long story short. I have a Asus Crosshair iv formula motherboard which has has Windows 7/8/10 installed on it before. I have used W10 preview since it first came out and I've been using the final version now. Internet has worked fine until today. Tells me it can't find a...