Windows 10: Network adapter getting automatically disabled

Discus and support Network adapter getting automatically disabled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex_7021, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Alex_7021 Win User

Network adapter getting automatically disabled

Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have found a way to start the driver, but it is very tedious, so please provide a way to stop it from automatically getting disable. The way I found to start the driver is: Deleting this driver "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b" 2.4GHZ" from device manager under network adapter and restarting the lapto

:)

Alex_7021, Jun 8, 2023

2. Network adapter keeps disabling

Hi Taran,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you with the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due network adapter driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple steps troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods:

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Network troubleshooter.

• Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the network driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 8, 2023
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

Windows Store apps crashes and network adapter automatically disables on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Windows Store apps and network connection on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the latest version of Windows 10 installed on your device?

Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
    winver
    , and press Enter to know the Windows version installed.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

For the issues with Network Adapter,

Method 3: I suggest you to Run Network Adapter troubleshooter
    and check if it helps

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status accessing the Windows Store apps and network connection for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Network adapter getting automatically disabled

1. Network adapter getting automatically disabled - Similar Threads - Network adapter getting

2. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  3. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  4. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  6. Network adapter getting automatically disabled

Network adapter getting automatically disabled: Hi, I have a dell Inspiron 3521Recently I am facing an issue of wireless network adapter getting automatically disabled. The driver is "Dell Wireless 1705 802.11bgn 2.4GHZ".This driver is getting automatically disable and hence my laptop does not connect to wifi. And I have...
  7. Network adapter keeps disabling

Network adapter keeps disabling: Hello, I've had this problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I got this laptop in March 2021, it's basically brand new. The wifi adapter randomly keeps disabling itself, it all starts with losing connection and I can only see my home wifi connection on the...
  8. Windows 10 network adapter automatically disabled

Windows 10 network adapter automatically disabled: Hi I had a problem with the all network adapters when i enable one of them after 2 sec its automatically disabled . So i try to install the adapter driver but still the same problem and i can't connect to the internet to do the windows upgradeThanks...
  9. Disabling Automatic Brightness Adaptivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Automatic Brightness Adaptivity: I just recently updated and now I'm unable to adjust the brightness to my preferred level without it going back to full brightness. Is the ability to turn off the adaptive brightness no longer an option as I don't see the check box in display?...
  10. Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10

Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10: I tried the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 and the upgrade went pretty smoothly. Everything seemed okay when it completed and I was using it for an hour or more. Then I went off to do some stuff and when I came back and the computer woke up I suddenly had no network connections...