Windows 10: Network Adapter/Internet

Discus and support Network Adapter/Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so me and my roommate both have a ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless - AC1900 PCI-3 Adapter for our computers. We are both in seperate rooms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tydog49, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Tydog49 Win User

Network Adapter/Internet

so me and my roommate both have a ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless - AC1900 PCI-3 Adapter for our computers. We are both in seperate rooms with me being closer to our router. However on fast.com he is getting up to 500mpbs with me only getting around 120mbps why am i getting such lower speeds than he is. I don't if something is maybe wrong with my adapter or what?

:)

Tydog49, Mar 28, 2020

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Network Adapter/Internet

Realtek PCLe Fe family controller (Network adapter) not staying connected to internet

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Network Adapter/Internet

1. Network Adapter/Internet - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Internet

2. Can't connect to the internet, network adapters are bugging out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to the internet, network adapters are bugging out: I am currently posting this on a laptop I own because my computer is basically stuck offline. I built my computer about 3 years ago, it has an MSI Z390 Gaming pro Carbon motherboard, intel i7-8700k, and I put in an ASUS realtek wireless network adapter. I usually just use...
  3. Can't connect to the internet, network adapters are bugging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet, network adapters are bugging out: I am currently posting this on a laptop I own because my computer is basically stuck offline. I built my computer about 3 years ago, it has an MSI Z390 Gaming pro Carbon motherboard, intel i7-8700k, and I put in an ASUS realtek wireless network adapter. I usually just use...
  4. Can't connect to the internet, network adapters are bugging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Connect to the Internet, Serious Problems with Network Adapters: My laptop ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, Windows 10 Home, version 21H2 will suddenly lose connection to the internet, despite the internet icon in the bottom right of the taskbar saying that I am connected. Also, upon turning my computer on and waking it up from sleep, the internet...
  6. Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working: Hi all.In normal mode Internet works OK.If I boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" option F5, I cannot access Internet.I can "ping localhost" or "ping 127.0.0.1", but cannot ping my router connected via Ethernet cable on 192.168.1.1 .In device manager under "Network...
  7. Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working: Hi all.In normal mode Internet works OK.If I boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" option F5, I cannot access Internet.I can "ping localhost" or "ping 127.0.0.1", but cannot ping my router connected via Ethernet cable on 192.168.1.1 .In device manager under "Network...
  8. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.: Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord also still work...
  9. No internet/wifi. Network adapter problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No internet/wifi. Network adapter problem.: [IMG] Hello all. Was wondering if I could get some help or opinions. I'm your average user, understand a bit but not an expert. The issue- Three week old Asus laptop X509UA running Win 10, everything going fine but turned on yesterday and no access to wifi/internet at all....
  10. My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?

My computer won't connect to internet. No network adapter?: "Install a driver for your network adapter Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver." I have no idea how to do that. If anyone has info about it, please let me know! (By the way,...