Windows 10: Network adapter MISSING!!

Discus and support Network adapter MISSING!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, It's been a month since I bought my second hand PC it's a ThinkPad L440 and from the time it has come I've been facing many problems with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaurangPatil1, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Network adapter MISSING!!

Hi,

It's been a month since I bought my second hand PC it's a ThinkPad L440 and from the time it has come I've been facing many problems with the wireless network adapter. I have updated all the drivers and it is surely not a problem from any windows update because the laptop had this problem from the very beginning. I had tried everything and after a week or so I tried resetting my network from settings. It was working very effectively for 2 weeks and I encountered the same problem again. The Wi-Fi option goes away suddenly and I'm left with only one option that is the Ethernet cable?. When I see the device manager list, I cannot even see the adapter Intel Wireless N-7260 even after checking the hidden devices. I have resetted the network THRICE after that but it just goes off without any notice. Sometimes, after running the troubleshooter the problem does get solved but not for a long time.

This is really very annoying and I would appreciate any helpful suggestions/solutions whole-heartedly.

My laptop is running on the Windows version 2004.

Thanking you in Advance

Network adapter MISSING!! 3b0b647c-2533-41f3-ad97-1dccb8eea15c?upload=true.png

:)

GaurangPatil1, Sep 2, 2020

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Network Adapter and Error code 0x800706bb

Hi Vanessa,

One of the possible reasons why you are having an issue with the network adapter is because some components of the program may be corrupted and needs to update. To resolve your concern regarding the network issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter to scan and correct any possible cause of the issue.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Network settings > press Enter
      and click Status.
    • Under Network Status, click Network troubleshooter.
    • Follow the steps provided on the pop-up windows.
    • Once you're done, restart your device.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

Step 2. Uninstall and reinstall the network driver to make sure that you will have the latest driver available for your device.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Double-click on the device, and then click the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall, then OK.
    Download and install the latest version of network adapter driver on the manufacturer's website.

On the other hand, the error 0x800706bb occurs when some files on the system are missing. To resolve this concern you may follow the steps provided in this
    link.

Let us know if the solutions worked for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Network adapter MISSING!!

missing microsoft hosted network virtual adapter

Hi Saqib,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the Wi-Fi hotspot on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact issue you are facing with Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter on your device?
    • Were you able to see the driver in Device Manager?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

1. Click on
    Start; in the start search type Troubleshooter and hit
    Enter.

2. In the left pane, click on View all.

3. Click on
    Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

4. Select
    Advance and click on Run as Administrator.

5. Click
    Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: If you are able to find the drivers in Device Manager check for the device status.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter, right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the device status.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Network adapter MISSING!!

1. Network adapter MISSING!! - Similar Threads - Network adapter MISSING

2. Missing driver for network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing driver for network adapter: My laptop has lost the driver for my network adapters. I cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried suggested steps on this website, but to no avail. I have not used my laptop in about 4 months & turned it on today to find this problem. Please help!...
  3. Network adapter missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter missing: No adapter showing in task manager performance tabAlso missing from change network adapter settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-missing/61f064bf-1daf-4cb8-b9e6-c6e8895c905c
  4. adapted network missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adapted network missing?: Well my brother's laptop turn on without any available wifi so i thought that was a normal until i restarted it 3 4 times and it didn't work. I have already tried for the command prompt netsh, netconfig, and more but none of them work, i dont know what to do now, pls help....
  5. adapted network missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adapted network missing?: Well my brother's laptop turn on without any available wifi so i thought that was a normal until i restarted it 3 4 times and it didn't work. I have already tried for the command prompt netsh, netconfig, and more but none of them work, i dont know what to do now, pls help....
  6. adapted network missing?

7. Network Adapter Missing

Network Adapter Missing: About once a year my network adapter disappears. Have no idea what to do. Did system reset, still no network adapter. Went to Device Manager and looked at Network Adapters, there is about 9 listed there. All say they are running the most current drivers. Don't know what to...
  8. Missing network adapters

Missing network adapters: Hi,I have an issue with my network adapters. It all started when after turning on my laptop from sleep mode I had no wifi connection and not network was being detected. Checking for the problem I find that my network adapters were now shown as hidden and were describing a...
  9. My network adapter is missing

My network adapter is missing: [IMG]So I recently wiped my c: disk and re installed Windows 10 using a pen drive After that I try to connect to my router and it doesnt work So i open my wifi settings and this popped up I tryed restarting my my lapto, restarting the router and running the...
  10. Network adapter missing

Network adapter missing: I am using a hp laptop n suddenly when i opened my laptop to connect to internet there was no wifi option just ethernet n airplane mode To check i opened device manager there the wireless adapter was there but it showed not connected So i tried to uninstall the adapter...